Bootable Floppy for Raid 1

Hello,

At present I use a RAID 1 on my server with Windows 2000 OS.Both hard
drives are SCSI.Just in case of a disaster when one hard drive fails,I would
like to create a floppy boot disk that would allow me to boot from a
secondary hard drive.How my boot.ini file should look like and what other
files I need to copy on to a floppy to make it bootable and repointed to a
second drive.I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance,

SW

"sw" <sw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> At present I use a RAID 1 on my server with Windows 2000 OS.Both hard
> drives are SCSI.Just in case of a disaster when one hard drive fails,I
would
> like to create a floppy boot disk that would allow me to boot from a
> secondary hard drive.How my boot.ini file should look like and what other
> files I need to copy on to a floppy to make it bootable and repointed to a
> second drive.I would greatly appreciate your help.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> SW

- Format a floppy disk under Win2000.
- Copy the following hidden files to it:
c:\ntldr, c:\ntdetect.com, c:\boot.ini,
c:\ntbootdd.sys (if it exists)
- Boot the server with this floppy. It should
work with either of your hard disks.

TRENDING THREADS