Happy

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2004

Out of the blue, a program called Creative Projects, Microsoft Fusion 2.5
started to try installing on my computer, through a Windows Installer.
After gathering data, it then produces a message box "The feature you are
trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try
again, or enter an alternate path to the folder containing the installation
package 'creativeprojects.msi' in the box below." Then below that is a
BROWSE button, and a box for the path. The current path shown is:
C:\hp\tmp\src\scancam\hpsw\setup\creativeprojects\creativeprojects.msi

It seems impossible to get rid of it, it's in a loop and just keeps trying
to install. Rebooting does not help.
Any ideas?

You might want to take a look here:

Nepatsfan
"Happy" <happy@trial.ca> wrote in message
> Out of the blue, a program called Creative Projects, Microsoft
> Fusion 2.5 started to try installing on my computer, through a
> Windows Installer.
> After gathering data, it then produces a message box "The
> feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is
> unavailable. Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path
> to the folder containing the installation package
> 'creativeprojects.msi' in the box below." Then below that is a
> BROWSE button, and a box for the path. The current path shown
> is:
> C:\hp\tmp\src\scancam\hpsw\setup\creativeprojects\creativeprojects.msi
>
> It seems impossible to get rid of it, it's in a loop and just
> keeps trying to install. Rebooting does not help.
> Any ideas?

Happy

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2004

Thanks,that looks like it should help solve this. What I can't understand is
what that program is that it's trying to install, and what started it.
"Nepatsfan" <nepatsfan@SBXXXIX.com> wrote in message
> You might want to take a look here:

> Nepatsfan
> "Happy" <happy@trial.ca> wrote in message
>> Out of the blue, a program called Creative Projects, Microsoft Fusion 2.5
>> started to try installing on my computer, through a Windows Installer.
>> After gathering data, it then produces a message box "The feature you are
>> trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to
>> try again, or enter an alternate path to the folder containing the
>> installation package 'creativeprojects.msi' in the box below." Then below
>> that is a BROWSE button, and a box for the path. The current path shown
>> is:
>> C:\hp\tmp\src\scancam\hpsw\setup\creativeprojects\creativeprojects.msi
>>
>> It seems impossible to get rid of it, it's in a loop and just keeps
>> trying to install. Rebooting does not help.
>> Any ideas?

Best guess I can give you is that it might be included in
software that came bundled with a Hewlett Packard printer,
scanner or digital camera. If you've recently installed a piece
of HP hardware you might want to look at that as the source of
your problem. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the software.

--
> Thanks,that looks like it should help solve this. What I can't
> understand is what that program is that it's trying to install,
> and what started it.
> "Nepatsfan" <nepatsfan@SBXXXIX.com> wrote in message
>> You might want to take a look here:

>> --
>> Nepatsfan
>> "Happy" <happy@trial.ca> wrote in message
>>> Out of the blue, a program called Creative Projects,
>>> Microsoft Fusion 2.5 started to try installing on my
>>> computer, through a Windows Installer.
>>> After gathering data, it then produces a message box "The
>>> feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that
>>> is unavailable. Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate
>>> path to the folder containing the installation package
>>> 'creativeprojects.msi' in the box below." Then below that is
>>> a BROWSE button, and a box for the path. The current path
>>> shown is:
>>> C:\hp\tmp\src\scancam\hpsw\setup\creativeprojects\creativeprojects.msi
>>>
>>> It seems impossible to get rid of it, it's in a loop and just
>>> keeps trying to install. Rebooting does not help.
>>> Any ideas?

Happy

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2004

Thanks, I'll give that a try. I have an HP Printer (an older one on parallel
port, but I like it.) I installed it about 2 months ago, as I got a new
computer. I'll have a look to see if there is anything else, or there was a
change to that. Thanks again. I'll do the install / uninstall dance.