Apple's iTunes Update Fails To Fix Windows Vista Problem

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007
apple susx! iTunes should work with vista - Steve jobs is sticking it to everyone who bought an iPOD - write your congressman!

apple has a near monopoly on tunes and microsoft has a near monopoly on the os - what we get is no play or plug and pray!

why i hate apple: its os is proprietary.

please post your pro's or con's

pwnage

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2005
Apple doesn't suck, Microshaft sucks. I have said it before and I am saying it again, VISTA SUCKS WANG! Don't blame Apple for Microsoft's crappy OS.

As for OS propriety; come on man are you serious? You do know that the Mac OS is basically Free BSD? So technically its not proprietary, its just Linux.

Just for the record I'M NOT AN APPLE FANBOY, I HATE FANBOYS. And to be quite honest DragonSprayer here sound like a Microsoft fanboy.

Oh BTW I hope all realize that Microsoft stole, once again, all the fun new features that are in Vista from Apple.

Examples

Arrow (Microsoft's code name for Vista's GUI) ripped off from Apple's Aqua.

Microsoft's Gadgets taken from Apple's Widgets which was taken from one of the linux distros. Probably not a good example but one none the less.

zenmaster

Splendid
Feb 21, 2006
Uh.......... Windows is proprietary as well.

If I had to point fingers on the iTunes issue, it is likely to be a Vista issue.

MS has knowingly coded Windows to break competitors products in the past and see no reason to suspect they would stop now.

And anyone who chooses to run Vista instead of XP is also making the choice to have software compatibility issues.

This is a simple issue of failing to look in the mirror my friend.

kukito

Distinguished
May 17, 2006
iTunes worked perfectly with Vista Beta 2, RC1 and RC2. Microsoft broke it and I don't believe it was accidental. They were shamed when it was discovered that Zune didn't work under Vista, even the RTM release, and they retaliated by breaking iTunes.

pmr

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
apple susx! iTunes should work with vista - Steve jobs is sticking it to everyone who bought an iPOD - write your congressman!

apple has a near monopoly on tunes and microsoft has a near monopoly on the os - what we get is no play or plug and pray!

itunes 7.1 major upgrade was to support appleTV, not to flawlessly work on your "near mac os style" windows. And if it doesn't work, sure that's a ms fault, not apple.

You made an arse of yourself with those stupid and childish comments.

everett

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2004

itunes 7.1 major upgrade was to support appleTV, not to flawlessly work on your "near mac os style" windows. And if it doesn't work, sure that's a ms fault, not apple.

You made an arse of yourself with those stupid and childish comments.

Again :lol:

kukito

Distinguished
May 17, 2006
With Boot Camp you'll be able use any version of Vista on an Intel Mac. However if you want to run it as a virtual machine then you'll need Vista Business or above and run it without Aero. Or you can use XP. I have an unused XP license which I'll use when I get an Apple laptop in the spring. I'm not sure yet if I'll dual boot or run XP under virtualization.

Did you read about Otellini taking a whack at Microsoft at the Morgan Stanley Technology Conference in San Francisco? The odious Ballmer must be livid. Schadenfreude feels sooo gooooood. link

belvdr

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006

Good grief, if you don't like what's happening, use something else. And why would Steve Jobs want to "stick" anything to a customer of his? That makes no sense whatsoever.

So you hate companies who make proprietary systems? Guess you'll be switching operating systems soon. While you're at it, better ditch all of your peripherals as they have proprietary firmware, and don't forget that processor. It has proprietary microcode. At this point, I would drag out the pen and paper, as that's about the least proprietary "laptop" you're going to find.

kukito

Distinguished
May 17, 2006
At this point, I would drag out the pen and paper, as that's about the least proprietary "laptop" you're going to find.

I'm the one getting the laptop and it'll be as proprietary as you can get. ;) I guess I could install Linux to make it less so but what would be the point if I'll be running Unix anyway.