Event Viewer "PerfDisk" error.

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
January 11, 2005 10:54:30 PM

I'm getting the following repreated event viewer (application) error.
Source is "PerfDisk":

"Unable to read the disk performance information from the system.
Disk performance counters must be enabled for at least one physical
disk or logical volume in order for these counters to appear. Disk
performance counters can be enabled by using the Hardware Device
Manager property pages. Status code returned is data DWORD 0. "

Can someone tell me what this is, whether it's serious and and what
options I have for fixing it?

I did look in Device manager but I couldn't see any references under
any of the items there that looked like it might relate to this.
Anonymous
January 11, 2005 10:54:31 PM

From a command prompt;
diskperf -n

Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"WoofWoof" wrote:
| I'm getting the following repreated event viewer (application) error.
| Source is "PerfDisk":
|
| "Unable to read the disk performance information from the system.
| Disk performance counters must be enabled for at least one physical
| disk or logical volume in order for these counters to appear. Disk
| performance counters can be enabled by using the Hardware Device
| Manager property pages. Status code returned is data DWORD 0. "
|
| Can someone tell me what this is, whether it's serious and and what
| options I have for fixing it?
|
| I did look in Device manager but I couldn't see any references under
| any of the items there that looked like it might relate to this.
Anonymous
January 12, 2005 2:20:39 AM

I did try that, Dave but I'm still getting the same error showing up
in Event Viewer after a reboot.

Dave Patrick wrote:

> From a command prompt;
> diskperf -n

> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "WoofWoof" wrote:
> | I'm getting the following repreated event viewer (application) error.
> | Source is "PerfDisk":
> |
> | "Unable to read the disk performance information from the system.
> | Disk performance counters must be enabled for at least one physical
> | disk or logical volume in order for these counters to appear. Disk
> | performance counters can be enabled by using the Hardware Device
> | Manager property pages. Status code returned is data DWORD 0. "
> |
> | Can someone tell me what this is, whether it's serious and and what
> | options I have for fixing it?
> |
> | I did look in Device manager but I couldn't see any references under
> | any of the items there that looked like it might relate to this.
January 12, 2005 9:17:24 AM

Something else to try.

"WoofWoof" wrote:
|I did try that, Dave but I'm still getting the same error showing up
| in Event Viewer after a reboot.
Anonymous
January 12, 2005 1:23:33 PM

That did it. Thanks (once again) for the help Dave!

Dave Patrick wrote:

> Something else to try.

> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "WoofWoof" wrote:
> |I did try that, Dave but I'm still getting the same error showing up
> | in Event Viewer after a reboot.
Anonymous
January 12, 2005 1:23:34 PM

Glad to hear it. Thanks for the feedback.

--

!