Search for files/folders, name or text-string inside the f..

Search tries always to extend inputs with comparison of allready used names
or text-strings. May I have the possibility to clear all pre-used inputs?

For Windows XP Search Companion:

Click Start/Run and type REGEDIT

Navigate to the following key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER
\SOFTWARE
\Microsoft
\Search Assistant
\ACMru
\5603

In the right-pane, delete the search items

For Windows Classic Search, the entries are stored in the following registry
key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER
\Software
\Microsoft
\Internet Explorer
\Explorer Bars
\{C4EE31F3-4768-11D2-BE5C-00A0C9A83DA1}
\FilesNamedMRU

To disable auto-complete:
In the Search Companion window, click Change Preferences
Click Turn AutoComplete off

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User