Can't detect mouse?

DC

Hi

I have my mouse connected to my computer through the com1 serial port.
Got a new optical mouse and attempted to connect it via the PS/2 mouse
port. System doesn't detect the mouse. Tried the mouse on my laptop and
it is detected fine. Does anyone have any thoughts about what I might do
to get the new mouse detected by my computer? Thanks for any help.

Dave
golferdc@charter.net

keith

Not much help, but can comment. I've had several systems where the ps2 goes
down and I have to run the mouse from usb. Ironically, my issue today is with
installing a bluetooth usb mouse and in the process I have now lost ps2 on
this machine and have had to transfer over to usb. Thank God that is working.
Can you hook the new one to usb to test?

"DC" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have my mouse connected to my computer through the com1 serial port.
> Got a new optical mouse and attempted to connect it via the PS/2 mouse
> port. System doesn't detect the mouse. Tried the mouse on my laptop and
> it is detected fine. Does anyone have any thoughts about what I might do
> to get the new mouse detected by my computer? Thanks for any help.
>
> Dave
> golferdc@charter.net

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

keith wrote:
> Not much help, but can comment. I've had several systems where the ps2 goes
> down and I have to run the mouse from usb. Ironically, my issue today is with
> installing a bluetooth usb mouse and in the process I have now lost ps2 on
> this machine and have had to transfer over to usb. Thank God that is working.
> Can you hook the new one to usb to test?
>
> "DC" wrote:
>

>>Hi
>>
>>I have my mouse connected to my computer through the com1 serial port.
>>Got a new optical mouse and attempted to connect it via the PS/2 mouse
>>port. System doesn't detect the mouse. Tried the mouse on my laptop and
>>it is detected fine. Does anyone have any thoughts about what I might do
>>to get the new mouse detected by my computer? Thanks for any help.
>>
>>Dave
>>golferdc@charter.net

Keith

Thanks for the suggestion. I just connect the mouse to the USB port and
it was detected. I have more USB devices that I do ports so will have to
get a Hub. Thanks for your help.

Dave

keith

"Dave" wrote:

> keith wrote:
> > Not much help, but can comment. I've had several systems where the ps2 goes
> > down and I have to run the mouse from usb. Ironically, my issue today is with
> > installing a bluetooth usb mouse and in the process I have now lost ps2 on
> > this machine and have had to transfer over to usb. Thank God that is working.
> > Can you hook the new one to usb to test?
> >
> > "DC" wrote:
> >

> >>Hi
> >>
> >>I have my mouse connected to my computer through the com1 serial port.
> >>Got a new optical mouse and attempted to connect it via the PS/2 mouse
> >>port. System doesn't detect the mouse. Tried the mouse on my laptop and
> >>it is detected fine. Does anyone have any thoughts about what I might do
> >>to get the new mouse detected by my computer? Thanks for any help.
> >>
> >>Dave
> >>golferdc@charter.net
> >>

> Keith
>
> Thanks for the suggestion. I just connect the mouse to the USB port and
> it was detected. I have more USB devices that I do ports so will have to
> get a Hub. Thanks for your help.
>
> Dave

I just got a hub myself yesterday. More wires, more fun. One thing that
someone pointed out to me was to get one with lots of space between ports. I
got a Targus pocket one which seems great, but if I had those wide memory
sticks with the circular parts, this wouldn't be so great. My pny 512 with
aluminum case can still sit 2 side by side on the targus.

TRENDING THREADS