win2k and quad pentium pro

Hello everyone -
I just received a quad pentium pro (IBM PC 704)

and i would like to install windows 2k
on it... i've seen the kb on win2k3
but i'm not sure if 2in2k has the same
issue....

please advise
thanks
tony
2 answers Last reply
More about win2k quad pentium

    Hmm, are we into a guessing game what issue you are thinking about?

    OK, here's my guess:

    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=319091

    I'm not aware of this problem with Win2000, but you'd better ask IBM if
    Win2000 is supported on your machine.

    Best regards

    Bjorn
    Microsoft MVP (Windows Server - File System)

    "pithhelmet" <pithhelmet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Hello everyone -
    >I just received a quad pentium pro (IBM PC 704)
    >
    >and i would like to install windows 2k
    >on it... i've seen the kb on win2k3
    >but i'm not sure if 2in2k has the same
    >issue....
    >
    >please advise
    >thanks
    >tony

    Wow -

    you are 100% correct - i did leave out the most important part
    of the message....

    i'm totally sorry for that....

    The question/problem resolves around the
    multiple CPU's -
    since 2k3 doesn't support ppro,
    i wasn't sure if win2k did or not...

    thanks for the reply

    take care
    tony

    "Bjorn Landemoo" wrote:

    > Hmm, are we into a guessing game what issue you are thinking about?
    >
    > OK, here's my guess:
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?id=319091
    >
    > I'm not aware of this problem with Win2000, but you'd better ask IBM if
    > Win2000 is supported on your machine.
    >
    > Best regards
    >
    > Bjorn
    > --
    > Bjorn Landemoo - mvp2@landemoo.com - http://landemoo.com/
    > Microsoft MVP (Windows Server - File System)
    >
    > "pithhelmet" <pithhelmet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >

    > >Hello everyone -
    > >I just received a quad pentium pro (IBM PC 704)
    > >
    > >and i would like to install windows 2k
    > >on it... i've seen the kb on win2k3
    > >but i'm not sure if 2in2k has the same
    > >issue....