front light stays on, replaced ps, same problem

94blue302gt

Distinguished
May 26, 2005
I'm attempting to fix a computer for someone.
I figured it was the ps because when i took it out and plugged it in, it tried to run the fan, but spun it a bit and then made a buzzing sound..... out of the case and attackted to nothing but the wall.
So, i replaced it, and now i believe the mobo is shot. Light comes on on the front of the case when i turn the switch on for the ps, ps fan spins, and computer won't change anything when i press the power button.

Also, I just made another post about the ps, saying that it's hooked up with a 24 pin connector in a 20 pin mobo, but i also have a 4 pin connector on the ps, and it's hooked up as well, so that shouldn't be a problem, unless having those 4 pins hanging off is a problem.

it's an older Emachines pc, which is why i believe that the mobo is probably shot. Intel celeron proc.

mekender

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
pull out all connectors... ide, floppy, sata etc... pull out all cards except ram and video.... it should boot to the bios... if not, pull the video... you should get some beeps... if not, pull the ram, i should beep... if it wont beep after that, its bad board... if it starts beeping after you pull the ram, its bad ram etc....