Sign in with
Your question

8900 relase?!??!?!?!?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 7, 2007 12:47:05 AM

So about these 8900 series...any one have any linkage to any info on these cards...and anyone know around hte time of the approx release date...next few months summer..etc. If anyoen has some insight, it woudl be nice. thanks guys

More about : 8900 relase

March 7, 2007 1:16:27 AM

Yeah I'd also like to know what its comming ^_^
Related resources
March 7, 2007 1:43:14 AM

lets put it this way..if anyone knew, it would be EVERYWHERE on the internet.
March 7, 2007 2:09:11 AM

maybe. unless they ddnt have the net :wink:

but seriously, posting these questions is quite ignorant. if maybe for one moment, you thought someone knew, wouldnt they have spammed it? speculation to the masses?

its time for people to stop asking things too early. ive seen too many of these posts. in other words i completely agree with lambofgod.
March 7, 2007 2:42:38 AM

If we are going to ask questions with no possible answer ill help too 8O

Anyone know what girls think?

Anyone knows who killed J.F.K?

Anyone knows when are the first commercial space travels for low budget people gonna come out, and how much?

Again does someone really know what girls think 8O ?
:D 

Anyway the best answer to that question would be......soon my friend, but not soon enough.

Video Adapter - NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT (256 MB)
Sound Card - SB Audigy 2 ZS Audio
Monitor - Dell 1905FP 19" LCD
Disk Drive - (160 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II)
Optical Drive - PHILIPS DVD+-RW DVD8701 (DVD+R9:8x, DVD+RW:16x/
8x, DVD-RW:16x/6x, DVD-ROM:16x, CD:48x/32x/48x DVD+RW/DVD-RW)
Optical Drive - TSSTcorp DVD-ROM TS-H352C (16x/48x DVD-ROM)
Keyboard - Microsoft USB Comfort Curve Keyboard 2000 (IntelliType Pro)
Mouse - Logitech G5 Laser Mouse
March 7, 2007 7:56:49 AM

Quote:

actually mel gibson can :wink:
March 7, 2007 9:18:58 AM

it depend on ATI
since ATI are delayed,
therefore 8900 will be delayed too.
nvidia did not make a move, since competition is still behind them. when R600 out and taken the crown, nvidia will move with 8900, but now, they do not have to do anything.
March 7, 2007 9:20:26 AM

unless the r600 is more powerful than 8900.
March 7, 2007 9:33:02 AM

Quote:

actually mel gibson can :wink:
LOL :lol:  :lol: 
Nice Movie,,;,,, 8900GTX wil l be out when the R600 hit the streets! :wink:
March 7, 2007 9:35:13 AM

along with r630, r610 ..

bah amd amd amd wth are you playing at ==

sif release all at once even tho nvidia has captured all possible customers.
March 7, 2007 9:40:37 AM

Quote:
So about these 8900 series...any one have any linkage to any info on these cards...and anyone know around hte time of the approx release date...next few months summer..etc. If anyoen has some insight, it woudl be nice. thanks guys

Well... I heard it'll have 2GB GDDR4 onboard mem clocked @ 1.6GHz (providing 167Gbits/sec bandwitdth), consume 350W, Have dual-GPUs @ 900MHz each, sport 256 unified shaders also @ 1.6GHz, have a 100 billion pixels/sec fill rate, will support DX10.1a, cost around $5000 and be available on 23rd July.

No... honestly. Really! I heard it's true! My uncle's room-mate told me! Or was it his friend's room-mate? Or was it my brother's friend's mum's boyfriend's girlfriend's daughter's friend's brother? Yeah... that was it! :) 

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot to mention that N. Korea has plans to use it to develop nuclear weapons. And probably play games too.
March 7, 2007 1:44:16 PM

Quote:

but seriously, posting these questions is quite ignorant. if maybe for one moment, you thought someone knew, wouldnt they have spammed it? speculation to the masses?

its time for people to stop asking things too early. ive seen too many of these posts. in other words i completely agree with lambofgod.

There are no stupid questions.

In fact, the only stupid questions are the ones not asked. If he didn't ask that question, he wouldn't have learned something and he wouldn't go to bed a smarter man tonight.
Like a Chinese saying goes: "The day you stop learning something new every day is the day you start becoming dumber".
March 8, 2007 1:52:26 AM

dude...i AM SO SICK and TIERD of

"when will the r600 be out"
"when will the 8900 be out"
"c2d or athlon"
"when is barcelona releasing"

ok, questions 1, 2, and 4, its call waiting. if you wait long enough, you will get your answer.

as for number 3, its called google. look at benchmarks...hell, thg has MILLIONS of them.
March 8, 2007 1:54:29 AM

Quote:

In fact, the only stupid questions are the ones not asked. If he didn't ask that question, he wouldn't have learned something and he wouldn't go to bed a smarter man tonight.
Like a Chinese saying goes: "The day you stop learning something new every day is the day you start becoming dumber".

and you're wrong. there are stupid questions. the quesiton that is asked millions of times. everyone is asking the same stupid questions...just go to google and you'll get all of your answers.
March 8, 2007 2:31:12 AM

What if your search on Google brings you back to this forum?

time and space would collapse on itself? or maybe thats the effen reason there is forums in the first place!

PWNT,
March 8, 2007 2:42:37 AM

you think you "powned" me?? hahahah...thats a laugh...what im getting at is...do you really think he's the first person to have really thought of this question...chances are NO. so for kicks, heres a link to a google search...try to figure out what it is that i searched

link 1 : link

link 2 : link

and in case you couldnt figure it out, there is a link back to thg, but not to this thread...hmm...
March 8, 2007 9:36:04 AM

8) cs......

8O flame-of-the-war? anyone?

Quote:

yeah... i guess your right.....-ish.
the point is, that many many MANy people have posted this crap over and over again. so ... eric54

Quote:

time and space would collapse on itself? or maybe thats the effen reason there is forums in the first place!

PWNT,

that would mean, that the op, would have had to search first before asking. and so waht if it links back towards here? that means, he/she will read waht the other stupid guy asked and realised there was already 50000+ threads asking the same frekin question.

owned? anyone?
March 8, 2007 10:15:12 AM

A woman already asked that question on her Barcelona driven, 2900xtx showin sshd usin killer comp that somehow just showed up at her door from newegg
March 8, 2007 10:17:20 AM

question is who ordered the comp and when?
March 8, 2007 12:57:25 PM

Quote:

and you're wrong. there are stupid questions. the quesiton that is asked millions of times. everyone is asking the same stupid questions...just go to google and you'll get all of your answers.

I am not wrong. The question itself is not stupid. If people stopped asking questions, they would stop learning. I'm sure during your university degree you often heard your teachers say that there were no stupid questions other than the ones not asked.
What you consider stupid is that the question is asked too often.

The common approach to prevent multipe occurences of the same question is to post a sticky.

You are wise in the ways of this technology, but remember that before you became so wise, you just weren't. The person who posted the question is at a level similar to the one you were in before you became so wise.
March 8, 2007 4:04:43 PM

Quote:

I'd say there are no stupid questions, just stupid ways to ask a question.
March 8, 2007 4:13:59 PM

Quote:

Exactly
March 8, 2007 6:21:55 PM

Quote:
8) cs......

8O flame-of-the-war? anyone?

yeah... i guess your right.....-ish.
the point is, that many many MANy people have posted this crap over and over again. so ... eric54

Quote:

PWNT,

that would mean, that the op, would have had to search first before asking. and so waht if it links back towards here? that means, he/she will read waht the other stupid guy asked and realised there was already 50000+ threads asking the same frekin question.

owned? anyone?

so now you are agreeing that eric did not actually pown me?
March 8, 2007 6:30:52 PM

Quote:

Exactly

no, i disagree with that. while it is true to some extent, there are stupid questions...and those would be the questions that have already been asked thousands of times. with some research, the op would have gotten his answer quicker and more efficiently than starting yet ANOTHER thread.

now, on the other hand, if he would have started his thread off by saying that he did some research and was unable to find anything or asking if anyone knew of more concrete information, then yes, that is a good question, because he HAS TRIED to find the information for himself and came up short or he was unsure of what he found. but the way this thread was started would make his question a stupid one. im sorry, but thats the way i see it.
March 8, 2007 7:30:04 PM

Awe, my very first flame-war. You're right, I didn't pwn you, I should never post at 3am and expect to say something that makes sense! But I defend the statement that there are no stupid questions.

I don't for the life of me understand why you bothered to post at all if it bothered you so much that someone asked a question many others have before. Who is stupid. The one that claims the question is stupid, or the one who knowingly inconveniences himself in order to play on the detriment of others? Sounds like inflicting pain on yourself is pretty stupid, but thats just my opinion, maybe you get off on it.

Just a question, feel free to counter-pwn me, but keep in mind posting again will only fuel my point. :o 
March 9, 2007 3:18:17 AM

well when you're running a fever of 103 and cant sleep, what better than get into a retarded flame war on thg? :D  . like i said. im just really tierd of people asking the same question thousands of times. yeah, i wasnt the nicest about it, but honestly, all i was trying to get at is that a simple google search could have answered his question. thats all i'm really trying to say. didn't really mean to be d1ckheadish about it though.

on the other hand, i do have to uphold my belief that there are stupid questions. there have been times where friends have asked me some questions that made me go "ARE YOU @&$K(#& RETARDED?? Can i just beat you with a shovel???" its not an every day occurance, but it does happen.
March 9, 2007 11:50:28 AM

This is why in the future you're going to ignore those posts and move on.
Be cool.
March 10, 2007 2:12:56 AM

wasnt i already agreeing that eric ddnt pwnt you?! 8O

taht was why i made that post .. to "counter-pwnt" or watevr.

meh. !
March 10, 2007 6:32:02 AM

lol...rhetorical question. i guess that stuff doesnt really work on the internet huh?
March 10, 2007 8:42:13 PM

Hey here's a question the may help the OP. How long between 7800 and 7900? How long before 7800 and 7600? Etc... These questions may help you come to a estimate of the date of release.
March 11, 2007 3:15:39 AM

Quote:
Hey here's a question the may help the OP. How long between 7800 and 7900? How long before 7800 and 7600? Etc... These questions may help you come to a estimate of the date of release.

very nice =D
!