Logon Screensaver....

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
a b C Monitor
January 19, 2005 4:37:42 AM

I don't know where this goes, but here goes.

Windows 2000, Networked.
I want to have a screensaver on the logon screen, which is
called "Logon Screen Saver" in the Screensaver properties.

How I do this?
It seems, when I login to the Administrator account, it
doesnt apply it, for the logon screen.

Is there a policy or a registry setting, I could set, to
make it work the screensaver when on Logon screen?

And the Monitor standby, how do I this too?
So the monitor turns off after a time limit of 20 minutes
of inactivity, while on the Logon Screen.

Thanks...

More about : logon screensaver

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
January 26, 2005 8:19:55 AM

If anyone know, please reply, thanks.
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
January 26, 2005 9:04:42 PM

Maybe this can help:
How To Change the Logon Screen Saver in Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;185348

If it doesn't want to take it might be because of Group Policy settings
that doesn't allow it. To verify Group Policy click on Start>Run and
type: cmd in the dialogue box and press enter (or click OK). At the
command prompt type: gpedit.msc and press enter. Now look in User
Configuration>Administrative Templates>Control Panel>Display and verify
the Screen Saver items to make sure that they are not disabled.

As for turning off the monitor at the logon screen I don't know. That
option is set in the Power Options in the Control Panel but I don't know
that it works or not before logon.

John

Peter Lawlor wrote:
> [...]
January 27, 2005 10:45:35 AM

>Maybe this can help:
>How To Change the Logon Screen Saver in Windows
us;185348

>If it doesn't want to take it might be because of Group
Policy settings
>that doesn't allow it. To verify Group Policy click on
Start>Run and
>type: cmd in the dialogue box and press enter (or click
OK). At the
>command prompt type: gpedit.msc and press enter. Now
look in User
>Configuration>Administrative Templates>Control
Panel>Display and verify
>the Screen Saver items to make sure that they are not
disabled.

>As for turning off the monitor at the logon screen I
don't know. That
>option is set in the Power Options in the Control Panel
but I don't know
>that it works or not before logon.

Ah, I just found out that it does work in the first place,
I have already had the settings correct.

I was watching it constantly, so see if it goes in
Screensaver mode.

Well, it did, and then it quitted?
Like it went black and aborted.

So if the screensaver isn't working, that the Monitor
standby might not work neither?

Could it be a graphics card fault?
It is a one off grpahics card too, as all the other
machines have exact the same. Apart from this one.

The driver for the graphics card on this one off machine,
isn't included in the Image Clone (Symatec Ghost)
But Once I tried installing the driver for the graphics,
card, and uploaded the new image, and downloaded it to all
the other machines, none of their screensavers/standbys
worked.

I don't know whats going on here.

But thanks anyways.
!