Assigning drive letter B to another device

Hi, I want to assign the drive letter B to my DVD/CR r/w. Surely this is
possible? If so, how?
I can map network shares to B but disc management will not allow B for the
DVD.

Any help appreciated, I couldn't find anything pertinent in the kb.

Damo

--
damien clan .
@ mcbain com