XP hidden features

In xp home why some of the stand alone programs such as ClipBook
Viewer(clipbrd.exe), Private Character Editor(eudcedit.exe), Windows for
Workgroups Chat(WINCHAT.EXE), Dialer aren't accessable from common UI? I
found them looking for icons and like to find any other useful programs
hidden like that, can anyone give me a link? thank.

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:e6RQLuELFHA.1308@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
K C <someone@aol.com> had this to say:

> In xp home why some of the stand alone programs such as ClipBook
> Viewer(clipbrd.exe), Private Character Editor(eudcedit.exe), Windows
> for Workgroups Chat(WINCHAT.EXE), Dialer aren't accessable from
> common UI? I found them looking for icons and like to find any other
> useful programs hidden like that, can anyone give me a link? thank.

How about 800,000 of 'em?

http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&lr=&newwindow=1&safe=off&q=windows+xp+hidden+features

Try not to break anything ;) Tweaking apps are the most fine I find... If
you have XP Pro try running gpedit.msc which is good fun...

Galen