Problems with recycler

I recently installed Windows 2000 on a drive that was previously
partitioned and had numerous files in other partitions. My previous
Windows 2000 pro OS was on another drive that had Norton AV on it. When I
uninstalled the Norton AV, my recycle bin seemed to lose all it's
properties and ability to empty. I tried all the MS site suggestions to no
avail, so I loaded a new install of Windows 2000.

Now the recycle bin is back, but I've noticed that the recycler directory
(usually hidden) on my various partitions can't seem to be emptied. I have
at least a gig of old files in there from before the new install. How can
I clean out the various recycler directories? I can empty my current
recycle bin, but it doesn't seem to free up the space occupied by the files
that are still in the recycler directories.

You might try Karen's Recycler
<http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptrecycler.asp>

eXistenZ