Windows Setup Stuck "Finalizing Installation"

mark

I am upgrading the last of 3 windows 2000 server domain controllers to
wondows 2003. On the last server I am encountering a problem, it gets to
"Finalizing Installation" and more specifically "Saving Settings" with "8
minutes remaining" and hangs. The activity bar in the lower right still
moves but the progress bar freezes and the "8 minutes remaining" stays put
too. I left it over night (12+ hours) and it is still hung there. Tried
uninstalling hardware by using devmgmt.msc from shift-F10 but still no luck.
Any help would be appreciated.

-Mark

Press Shift-F11. This should open a dialog box and display what the Setup
program is trying to do. Reply to this thread again for further assistance.

Kevin McNiel, MCSE/MCSA
Platform Server Setup Group

Please reply to the Group only, This address cannot receive incoming
messages.