General Hose Process??

Every two or three times the computer boots up, I get the following message
pane during the boot-up:

"General Hose Process for Win32 Services encountered a problem
and needed to close."

Anyone know what this means, and why it appears?
Is there a fix?

When that pops up, I usually reboot, and it boots OK.

Alan

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

<Alan Moorman@visi.com> wrote in message
> Every two or three times the computer boots up, I get the following
> message
> pane during the boot-up:
>
> "General Hose Process for Win32 Services encountered a problem
> and needed to close."
>
> Anyone know what this means, and why it appears?
> Is there a fix?
>
> When that pops up, I usually reboot, and it boots OK.
>
> Alan

I'm sure you mean "Generic Host Process" :)

Anyway, read here (you need to scroll down for the info):
http://www.computing.net/windows2003/wwwboard/forum/395.html

Do you have XP SP2 (Service Pack 2) installed? If not, I would recommend
installing it.

Be sure to read the Important instruction ( as highlighted by the
exclamation point in a yellow triangle). It may save you tons of headaches
when installing the service pack.

Alan,

Generic Host Process Error Message and a Flashlight Icon Appear
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=821690

From the above page, to resolve the problem:

To resolve this problem, follow these steps: 1. Turn off the computer and
the printer or the scanner.
2. Disconnect the printer or the scanner from the computer.
3. Restart the computer.
4. Install the compatible drivers and software for the printer or the
scanner, and then reconnect the printer or the scanner to the computer.

Hope this helps.

--
Jabez Gan
Give me a chance, Let me help you!