Can't access administrator privlages anymore. HELP!!!!

How do I go about getting administrator privlages? The
system came from I din't know who, so I need some way to
have access so I can reformat and do a fresh install. I
really don't want to throw away the 120GB WD Caviar 205AA
hard drive.(I am on a budget)

All help is greatful.
Jeff
3 answers Last reply
More about access administrator privlages anymore help

    To do a clean install, either boot the Windows 2000 install CD-Rom or setup
    disks. The set of four install disks can be created from your Windows 2000
    CD-Rom; change to the \bootdisk directory on the CD-Rom and execute
    makeboot.exe (from dos) or makebt32.exe (from 32 bit) and follow the
    prompts.

    Be sure to apply these to your new install before connecting to any network.

    http://download.microsoft.com/download/E/6/A/E6A04295-D2A8-40D0-A0C5-241BFECD095E/W2KSP4_EN.EXE

    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    Jeff wrote:

    > How do I go about getting administrator privlages? The
    > system came from I din't know who, so I need some way to
    > have access so I can reformat and do a fresh install. I
    > really don't want to throw away the 120GB WD Caviar 205AA
    > hard drive.(I am on a budget)
    >
    > All help is greatful.
    > Jeff

    You don't need Administrator privileges to do what you want, and even if
    you did you still couldn't format the system drive, Windows will not let
    you format the system drive, that would be suicide. You do understand
    that formating will erase all data on the drive? Are you reinstalling
    Windows 2000 on the drive? When you launch the Windows 2000 CD you will
    be given the option to select and format the install partition at the
    beginning. Just read the screen and follow the instructions.

    John

    Jeff wrote:

    > How do I go about getting administrator privlages? The
    > system came from I din't know who, so I need some way to
    > have access so I can reformat and do a fresh install. I
    > really don't want to throw away the 120GB WD Caviar 205AA
    > hard drive.(I am on a budget)
    >
    > All help is greatful.
    > Jeff

Western Digital Microsoft Windows