Windows 2003 Login problem...

Please help...

After what appears to be a successful install of the demo version I am
unable to login...

It appears all normal - I login appears to accept my password - but then it
logs itself back out...

Very confused!!!
1 answer Last reply
More about windows 2003 login problem

    "Karina Miegel" <Karina Miegel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Please help...
    >
    > After what appears to be a successful install of the demo version I am
    > unable to login...
    >
    > It appears all normal - I login appears to accept my password - but then
    it
    > logs itself back out...
    >
    > Very confused!!!

    You probably have an incorrect reference to userinit.exe
    in the registry. Open the registry from a networked PC,
    navigate to HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows NT/Current Version/Winlogon/
    then point Userinit to the correct location of userinit.exe.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];249321

    It might also be worth your while to check that your system
    drive letter is correct. Use psexec.exe (www.sysinternals.com)
    to start a Command Processor on the problem machine,
    then type
    set system

    What drive letter do you see?

Login Windows Server 2003 Microsoft Windows