Windows 2003 Login problem...

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
February 6, 2005 6:57:02 PM

Please help...

After what appears to be a successful install of the demo version I am
unable to login...

It appears all normal - I login appears to accept my password - but then it
logs itself back out...

Very confused!!!
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 2:37:02 PM

"Karina Miegel" <Karina Miegel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Please help...
>
> After what appears to be a successful install of the demo version I am
> unable to login...
>
> It appears all normal - I login appears to accept my password - but then
it
> logs itself back out...
>
> Very confused!!!

You probably have an incorrect reference to userinit.exe
in the registry. Open the registry from a networked PC,
navigate to HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows NT/Current Version/Winlogon/
then point Userinit to the correct location of userinit.exe.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];249321

It might also be worth your while to check that your system
drive letter is correct. Use psexec.exe (www.sysinternals.com)
to start a Command Processor on the problem machine,
then type
set system

What drive letter do you see?
!