ipx and WinXP Pro question

I broke out an old favorite game. It uses the ipx protocol for its lan
gaming. If I understand, XP does not use ipx, right? Is it something that
is easily enabled in xp? I have yet to try to change anything as my network
is fine. I dont want to mess it up just for one game if its a long stretch
in trying to do so.

thanks group,
sl
4 answers Last reply
More about winxp question

    SL,

    IPX is supported by Windows XP. Please see the following article on how to
    setup IPX:

    A Guide to Painless Networks Mixing Windows 9x and XP
    http://www.pcurtis.com/network-xp.htm

    Hope this helps.

    --
    Jabez Gan
    Give me a chance, Let me help you!

    "SL" <pillott@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I broke out an old favorite game. It uses the ipx protocol for its lan
    >gaming. If I understand, XP does not use ipx, right? Is it something that
    >is easily enabled in xp? I have yet to try to change anything as my
    >network is fine. I dont want to mess it up just for one game if its a long
    >stretch in trying to do so.
    >
    > thanks group,
    > sl

    very good link. Its just what I was looking for.

    Thanks,
    SL
    "Jabez Gan" <mingteikg@blizNOSPAMhosting.com> wrote in message
    > SL,
    >
    > IPX is supported by Windows XP. Please see the following article on how to
    > setup IPX:
    >
    > A Guide to Painless Networks Mixing Windows 9x and XP
    > http://www.pcurtis.com/network-xp.htm
    >
    > Hope this helps.
    >
    > --
    > Jabez Gan
    > Give me a chance, Let me help you!
    > http://www.blizhosting.com
    >

    > "SL" <pillott@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>I broke out an old favorite game. It uses the ipx protocol for its lan
    >>gaming. If I understand, XP does not use ipx, right? Is it something
    >>that is easily enabled in xp? I have yet to try to change anything as my
    >>network is fine. I dont want to mess it up just for one game if its a
    >>long stretch in trying to do so.
    >>
    >> thanks group,
    >> sl

    SL,

    Glad to hear that. Hope it works for you! :)

    --

    > very good link. Its just what I was looking for.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > SL
    > "Jabez Gan" <mingteikg@blizNOSPAMhosting.com> wrote in message
    >> SL,
    >>
    >> IPX is supported by Windows XP. Please see the following article on how
    >> to setup IPX:
    >>
    >> A Guide to Painless Networks Mixing Windows 9x and XP
    >> http://www.pcurtis.com/network-xp.htm
    >>
    >> Hope this helps.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Jabez Gan
    >> Give me a chance, Let me help you!
    >> http://www.blizhosting.com
    >>

    >> "SL" <pillott@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>>I broke out an old favorite game. It uses the ipx protocol for its lan
    >>>gaming. If I understand, XP does not use ipx, right? Is it something
    >>>that is easily enabled in xp? I have yet to try to change anything as my
    >>>network is fine. I dont want to mess it up just for one game if its a
    >>>long stretch in trying to do so.
    >>>
    >>> thanks group,
    >>> sl

    Anyone know where to find the IPX protocol if it does not appear in the Add
    Protocol box in XP Pro. I have the CD but ca't sem to find it.

    "Jabez Gan" wrote:

    > SL,
    >
    > Glad to hear that. Hope it works for you! :)
    >
    > --
    > Jabez Gan
    > Give me a chance, Let me help you!
    > http://www.blizhosting.com
    >

    > "SL" <pillott@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > very good link. Its just what I was looking for.
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > SL
    > > "Jabez Gan" <mingteikg@blizNOSPAMhosting.com> wrote in message
    > >> SL,
    > >>
    > >> IPX is supported by Windows XP. Please see the following article on how
    > >> to setup IPX:
    > >>
    > >> A Guide to Painless Networks Mixing Windows 9x and XP
    > >> http://www.pcurtis.com/network-xp.htm
    > >>
    > >> Hope this helps.
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Jabez Gan