ipx and WinXP Pro question

SL

I broke out an old favorite game. It uses the ipx protocol for its lan
gaming. If I understand, XP does not use ipx, right? Is it something that
is easily enabled in xp? I have yet to try to change anything as my network
is fine. I dont want to mess it up just for one game if its a long stretch
in trying to do so.

thanks group,
sl

SL,

IPX is supported by Windows XP. Please see the following article on how to
setup IPX:

A Guide to Painless Networks Mixing Windows 9x and XP
http://www.pcurtis.com/network-xp.htm

Hope this helps.

--
Jabez Gan
Give me a chance, Let me help you!

"SL" <pillott@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I broke out an old favorite game. It uses the ipx protocol for its lan
>gaming. If I understand, XP does not use ipx, right? Is it something that
>is easily enabled in xp? I have yet to try to change anything as my
>network is fine. I dont want to mess it up just for one game if its a long
>stretch in trying to do so.
>
> thanks group,
> sl

SL

very good link. Its just what I was looking for.

Thanks,
SL
"Jabez Gan" <mingteikg@blizNOSPAMhosting.com> wrote in message
> SL,
>
> IPX is supported by Windows XP. Please see the following article on how to
> setup IPX:
>
> A Guide to Painless Networks Mixing Windows 9x and XP
> http://www.pcurtis.com/network-xp.htm
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> --
> Jabez Gan
> Give me a chance, Let me help you!
> http://www.blizhosting.com
>

> "SL" <pillott@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>I broke out an old favorite game. It uses the ipx protocol for its lan
>>gaming. If I understand, XP does not use ipx, right? Is it something
>>that is easily enabled in xp? I have yet to try to change anything as my
>>network is fine. I dont want to mess it up just for one game if its a
>>long stretch in trying to do so.
>>
>> thanks group,
>> sl

SL,

Glad to hear that. Hope it works for you! :)

--

> very good link. Its just what I was looking for.
>
> Thanks,
> SL
> "Jabez Gan" <mingteikg@blizNOSPAMhosting.com> wrote in message
>> SL,
>>
>> IPX is supported by Windows XP. Please see the following article on how
>> to setup IPX:
>>
>> A Guide to Painless Networks Mixing Windows 9x and XP
>> http://www.pcurtis.com/network-xp.htm
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> --
>> Jabez Gan
>> Give me a chance, Let me help you!
>> http://www.blizhosting.com
>>

>> "SL" <pillott@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>>I broke out an old favorite game. It uses the ipx protocol for its lan
>>>gaming. If I understand, XP does not use ipx, right? Is it something
>>>that is easily enabled in xp? I have yet to try to change anything as my
>>>network is fine. I dont want to mess it up just for one game if its a
>>>long stretch in trying to do so.
>>>
>>> thanks group,
>>> sl

Anyone know where to find the IPX protocol if it does not appear in the Add
Protocol box in XP Pro. I have the CD but ca't sem to find it.