Attempt to get one without the bottleneck-syndrome

badshot

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2007
Allright guys,
here's the deal.
I'm seriously considering in getting myself a high-end system.
However, I want to get all components to work in harmony without one component having to wait around turning fingers while another component can't keep up.
Want to OC my processor a bit so a little headroom would be advisable for RAM 'nd MOBO don't y'all think.

Here's what in my opinion is the best config I could come up with:

Mainboard: MSI P6N

I went for this one as it's loaded with features and equiped with an nforce6 chipset, the 680i, heatpipes are well positioned and the board has all the necessary onboardthingies.

Processor: That's an Intel core 2 duo E6600, looks promising enough if I need to OC it. I hope to run them @3GHz tops
plenty of cache, so no problems there.

RAM: DDR2 2* 1GB ultra dual channel kit 667MHz or 800MHz, can't decide there. What's needed and what's overkill.
preferred brands: G-skill, GEIL or Patriot RAM (little help here to).

Graphics: A 7600GT to start with, not really wanna go wack with this. Looks to be the best value for money these days.

HDD: 2 WD Raptors 36 GB in raid, OK or a little to much + should I use RAID-controler or go with what's allready on the MOBO.

Please share your thoughts on this.
Grtz,
BadShot

mkaibear

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2006
Dump the RAID, no point. Go with a single 74Gb Raptor, for everything except sequential transfer rate it's faster.

Go for 800Mhz memory.

7600GT probably best, yeah.

badshot

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2007
Thanks,
was a little doubtfull about the drives to.

800FSB might indeed be better. Still leaves a little margin in case I wanna go over 333FSB. Not that I wil attempt 400FSB, don't want to bake any eggs on my case so... :p

Anybody know what RAM-Brand I should take?
again its the value for money-question here

TRENDING THREADS