[PW!] [NS] Pokewars! help

Last response: in Video Games
November 1, 2004 10:58:51 AM

Alright. I'm very sorry for not putting a PW! tag on my WG the first
time. I have now reposted it with both tags. I hope this makes
everything OK. By the way, when will my WG be posted on the Pokewars!
site? Also, for my story, is there anybody in the Hoenn region
willing to pick up my character (Hydro) in Pallet Town and take him to
New Bark Town? This would help my story a lot. I can easily get him
there another way, but this way i get more involved with the other
trainers. Let me know.

Dave

More about : pokewars

Anonymous
November 1, 2004 6:40:02 PM

David.R.Stangel@uwsp.edu (Dave Stangel) wrote in message news:<dbf13fdd.0411010758.5115d3a9@posting.google.com>...
> Alright. I'm very sorry for not putting a PW! tag on my WG the first
> time. I have now reposted it with both tags. I hope this makes
> everything OK. By the way, when will my WG be posted on the Pokewars!
> site? Also, for my story, is there anybody in the Hoenn region
> willing to pick up my character (Hydro) in Pallet Town and take him to
> New Bark Town? This would help my story a lot. I can easily get him
> there another way, but this way i get more involved with the other
> trainers. Let me know.
>
> Dave

Okay, in order...

Rob, the current man in charge of the PW!, tends to update the Archive
once a month or so. There have been no updates since mid-August,
however.

Also, I doubt there's anyone currently in Pallet capable of getting
your character to Hoenn. However, once you get to New Bark Town, there
should be several characters for you to interact with (depending on
their authors, of course).

For now, however, you may as well make your own way over.
Anonymous
November 2, 2004 8:38:27 AM

William Rendfeld wrote:
> David.R.Stangel@uwsp.edu (Dave Stangel) wrote in message news:<dbf13fdd.0411010758.5115d3a9@posting.google.com>...
>>Alright. I'm very sorry for not putting a PW! tag on my WG the first
>>time. I have now reposted it with both tags. I hope this makes
>>everything OK. By the way, when will my WG be posted on the Pokewars!
>>site? Also, for my story, is there anybody in the Hoenn region
>>willing to pick up my character (Hydro) in Pallet Town and take him to
>>New Bark Town? This would help my story a lot. I can easily get him
>>there another way, but this way i get more involved with the other
>>trainers. Let me know.
>
> Okay, in order...
>
> Rob, the current man in charge of the PW!, tends to update the Archive
> once a month or so. There have been no updates since mid-August,
> however.
>
> Also, I doubt there's anyone currently in Pallet capable of getting
> your character to Hoenn. However, once you get to New Bark Town, there
> should be several characters for you to interact with (depending on
> their authors, of course).
>
> For now, however, you may as well make your own way over.

What he said, but a couple ideas...

At the moment, Sabrina is spending some time in Hoenn, teleporting back
and forth. She's been helping many of the WGed characters get into
trouble (not maliciously, but either for her amusement or for some
hidden agenda), and might decide to throw a new trainer from Kanto into
the mix and see what happens - or she might just want to see what
happens when a trainer named "Hydro" encounters Team Aqua, hoping it
will be fun to watch.

Alternately...Hydro is studying with Professor Oak, who is known to
occasionally travel around - and to sometimes send his aides on errands.
He might want someone to deliver something to Hoenn, and Hydro could
volunteer. One possibility: Oak might reminisce about a couple of his
former pokemon, Mimic and Doppler, whom he has not heard from in a long
time. Hydro might volunteer to seek one or both of them out to ask them
to call him - especially if Oak's worried about the reports that Doppler
lead an attack on a police station in Hoenn. Oak might be worried about
Doppler's reaction to most trainers, given as Doppler once lead an army
to try to overthrow the Pokemon League and Team Rocket as symbols of
pokemon oppression...but a trainer with few pokemon, especially ones
that would genuinely trust and get along with the trainer without their
pokeballs (like Ash's Pikachu), might impress Doppler, and Oak knows it.
If Hydro's friendship with Leviathan is good enough, Hydro might be the
only trainer currently with Oak that Oak could safely send. (Unless you
want to send Hydro with a bunch of red shirts - or, at least, those
whose shirts would become red...)
!