Comcast - bunch of idiots

Last response: in Home Theatre
September 4, 2004 10:32:33 PM

I just paid $30+ for a guy to come here and install the HD DVR (Motorola
DCT6208). He was supposed to take the old box with him, but he forgot it.
I thought I'd be nice and call Comcast so that they could call him up and
tell him to swing by and pick it up. After 20 minutes on hold to get
through to them I was told that I either needed to drop it off at Comcast
myself, schedule another 4 hour time block for them to come and pick it up,
or else be charged $5/month for having another receiver! What a bunch of
idiots - I try to help them out and end up taking it in the @$$.

Thanks for letting me vent. :)

Brad

More about : comcast bunch idiots

Anonymous
September 4, 2004 10:32:34 PM

Call their dispatch office and talk with a manager, be sure to tell them the
name or badge number of the incompetent employee that visited you, make a
request, for your inconvience they can apply the first time customer savings
to your next six months billing cycle. Then go on line to Comcast.net, sign
in using your Comcast Assigned sign on, and post the same information and
request to their web site. Announcing your regrets that they have not got
the resources to hire competent, professional representatives.
"Brad Griffis" <bradgriffis@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I just paid $30+ for a guy to come here and install the HD DVR (Motorola
>DCT6208). He was supposed to take the old box with him, but he forgot it.
>I thought I'd be nice and call Comcast so that they could call him up and
>tell him to swing by and pick it up. After 20 minutes on hold to get
>through to them I was told that I either needed to drop it off at Comcast
>myself, schedule another 4 hour time block for them to come and pick it up,
>or else be charged $5/month for having another receiver! What a bunch of
>idiots - I try to help them out and end up taking it in the @$$.
>
> Thanks for letting me vent. :)
>
> Brad

Anonymous
September 4, 2004 10:32:34 PM

In article <5Tn_c.14138$Y94.13295@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com>,
Brad Griffis <bradgriffis@hotmail.com> wrote:
:I just paid $30+ for a guy to come here and install the HD DVR (Motorola
:D CT6208). He was supposed to take the old box with him, but he forgot it.
:I thought I'd be nice and call Comcast so that they could call him up and
:tell him to swing by and pick it up. After 20 minutes on hold to get
:through to them I was told that I either needed to drop it off at Comcast
:myself, schedule another 4 hour time block for them to come and pick it up,
:o r else be charged $5/month for having another receiver! What a bunch of
:idiots - I try to help them out and end up taking it in the @$$.
:
:Thanks for letting me vent. :)
:
:Brad
:
:
:

you are lucky they are willing and able to do the job at all. here in
colorado they deny the ability to use an HD DVR with their HD set top
box, and have no idea when if ever they will upgrade to that. i am
sorely tempted to get satellite because the satellite receivers know
how to work with dvr's.

bring sup the satellite problem: they won't tell me what channels they
offer. since my tastes are eccentric, i want channels like ovation,
tv5, international channel, in addition to the hbo/showtime families.
can;t find out which of these they offer.

both service providers are working for a lowest common denominator.
--
getting out of bed in the morning is an act of false confidence
- jules feifer

Art wrote:

> Call their dispatch office and talk with a manager, be sure to tell them the
> name or badge number of the incompetent employee that visited you, make a
> request, for your inconvience they can apply the first time customer savings
> to your next six months billing cycle. Then go on line to Comcast.net, sign
> in using your Comcast Assigned sign on, and post the same information and
> request to their web site. Announcing your regrets that they have not got
> the resources to hire competent, professional representatives.
> "Brad Griffis" <bradgriffis@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>I just paid $30+ for a guy to come here and install the HD DVR (Motorola
>>DCT6208). He was supposed to take the old box with him, but he forgot it.
>>I thought I'd be nice and call Comcast so that they could call him up and
>>tell him to swing by and pick it up. After 20 minutes on hold to get
>>through to them I was told that I either needed to drop it off at Comcast
>>myself, schedule another 4 hour time block for them to come and pick it up,
>>or else be charged $5/month for having another receiver! What a bunch of
>>idiots - I try to help them out and end up taking it in the @$$.
>>
>>Thanks for letting me vent. :)
>>
>>Brad

Send them an invoice for storage at $5 a day. That will cover your $5 a
month charge from them and give you a profit.
Hey make it $50 a day.
September 5, 2004 8:29:48 PM

> bring sup the satellite problem: they won't tell me what channels they
> offer. since my tastes are eccentric, i want channels like ovation,
> tv5, international channel, in addition to the hbo/showtime families.
> can;t find out which of these they offer.
>
> both service providers are working for a lowest common denominator.

They won't tell you what channels they offer??? I have Dish, and I know on
their website, it lists every single channel in their lineup. I assume you
have Internet Explorer or some other way to access it www.dishnetwork.com
........ I'd imagine that DirecTV also lists their channels.
Anonymous
September 5, 2004 10:09:45 PM

"arthur wouk" <awouk@blackhole.nyx.net> wrote in message
> In article <5Tn_c.14138$Y94.13295@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com>,
> Brad Griffis <bradgriffis@hotmail.com> wrote:
> :I just paid $30+ for a guy to come here and install the HD DVR (Motorola
> :D CT6208). He was supposed to take the old box with him, but he forgot
> it.
> :I thought I'd be nice and call Comcast so that they could call him up and
> :tell him to swing by and pick it up. After 20 minutes on hold to get
> :through to them I was told that I either needed to drop it off at Comcast
> :myself, schedule another 4 hour time block for them to come and pick it
> up,
> :o r else be charged $5/month for having another receiver! What a bunch of
> :idiots - I try to help them out and end up taking it in the @$$.
> :
> :Thanks for letting me vent. :)
> :
> :Brad
> :
> :
> :
>
> you are lucky they are willing and able to do the job at all. here in
> colorado they deny the ability to use an HD DVR with their HD set top
> box, and have no idea when if ever they will upgrade to that. i am
> sorely tempted to get satellite because the satellite receivers know
> how to work with dvr's.
>
> bring sup the satellite problem: they won't tell me what channels they
> offer. since my tastes are eccentric, i want channels like ovation,
> tv5, international channel, in addition to the hbo/showtime families.
> can;t find out which of these they offer.
>
> both service providers are working for a lowest common denominator.
> --
> getting out of bed in the morning is an act of false confidence
> - jules feifer
> to email me, delete blackhole. from my return address

Just to clarify, this is an all-in-one HDTV STB and DVR. I don't think we
have that capability either (i.e. to interface to an external DVR). We're
lucky to have the all-in-one box though. If only they weren't a bunch of
idiots...
Anonymous
September 6, 2004 12:49:03 PM

Even TV Guide's web site will list the available Cable and Satellite
Channels delivered in your area.
"Dan hotmail.com>" <dburke474@<nospam> wrote in message

>> bring sup the satellite problem: they won't tell me what channels they
>> offer. since my tastes are eccentric, i want channels like ovation,
>> tv5, international channel, in addition to the hbo/showtime families.
>> can;t find out which of these they offer.
>>
>> both service providers are working for a lowest common denominator.
>
> They won't tell you what channels they offer??? I have Dish, and I know
> on their website, it lists every single channel in their lineup. I assume
> you have Internet Explorer or some other way to access it
> www.dishnetwork.com ....... I'd imagine that DirecTV also lists their
> channels.

Anonymous
September 7, 2004 7:06:24 PM

"Brad Griffis" <bradgriffis@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I just paid $30+ for a guy to come here and install the HD DVR (Motorola
> DCT6208). He was supposed to take the old box with him, but he forgot it.
> I thought I'd be nice and call Comcast so that they could call him up and
> tell him to swing by and pick it up. After 20 minutes on hold to get
> through to them I was told that I either needed to drop it off at Comcast
> myself, schedule another 4 hour time block for them to come and pick it
up,
> or else be charged $5/month for having another receiver! What a bunch of
> idiots - I try to help them out and end up taking it in the @$$.
>
> Thanks for letting me vent. :)
>
> Brad

Or how about that they scheduled me for last Sunday, couldn't reach me on
the phone, and sent a tech over to the house to let me know that he couldn't
pick up the DVR at the warehouse cause its Sunday. Why schedule on Sunday?
I'm lost. Oh well, DVR (hopefully) on Friday.

Matt
Anonymous
September 7, 2004 10:44:05 PM

My experience is just the opposite. Came on time, installed HDTV no
problems, avail 24 hrs for tech questions, etc.

news:p 7k%c.392154$%_6.271948@attbi_s01...

!