Overclocking 2 computers(need advice)

Hey everyone. I have 2 old computers that I would to overclock(*if possible).

Here is the first one:(HP)
1.4Ghz Intel Celeron Processor
256mb RAM DDR
Intel 82810E Graphics

I would like to turn this into something that can play at least Counter-Strike Source

Here's the other one:(Gateway)
1.8Ghz Pentium 4 Processor
512mb of RAM
nVIDIA 5200 Graphics card

This thing used to be really good but now is infested with viruses that blinds the internet connection... so NO anti-virus system can update... or function correctly... (what could i do about this)

I would like to know how to overclock these pc's if possible(and by how much).. fix my gateway and um...be successful... lol

Thanks
13 answers Last reply
More about overclocking computers need advice
  1. 1. hp, gateway, etc etc(other pre-build pcs) have locked bios to prevent ocing/voiding the warranty
    2. it's probably time to get a new pc :)
    Quote:
    This thing used to be really good but now is infested with viruses that blinds the internet connection... so NO anti-virus system can update... or function correctly... (what could i do about this)

what do you mean, you can't update and anti-virus that you have now can't get rid of the viruses? if yes than it might be time to format the hdd, although for this one i am not sure, anyone else has some useful advice about this?
  2. How exactly do I format the HD, ive never done it before and i dont want to lose any files... And yes, i will get a new pc, i just wanted to repair these for my sister.
  3. by formating the drive you will loose all files, so back up before you format

A how to:
    How to Format a Hard Drive With Windows XP
  4. Best that you reinstall windows wiping your current installation. Just make sure that you back up your files before otherwise you are going to lose files :)
  5. i just said the same thing :roll:
  6. Yes, but my question is, how exactly do i reformat? THanks
  7. i gave you a link :roll: :lol:
  8. lol, thanks a lot, didnt even see it, thought it was ur signature.

I'll do that. Thanks
  9. no problem, gl
  10. Quote:
    i just said the same thing :roll:
    See the time stamp on our posts we both said the same thing only you clicked on submit b4 me :(
  11. sorry, honest mistake :lol: 8)
  12. no problemo!!! :D
  13. lol
Ask a new question

Read More

Overclocking Computers