Sign in with
Your question

Overclocking 2 computers(need advice)

Last response: in Overclocking
March 7, 2007 5:17:03 PM

Hey everyone. I have 2 old computers that I would to overclock(*if possible).

Here is the first one:(HP)
1.4Ghz Intel Celeron Processor
256mb RAM DDR
Intel 82810E Graphics

I would like to turn this into something that can play at least Counter-Strike Source

Here's the other one:(Gateway)
1.8Ghz Pentium 4 Processor
512mb of RAM
nVIDIA 5200 Graphics card

This thing used to be really good but now is infested with viruses that blinds the internet connection... so NO anti-virus system can update... or function correctly... (what could i do about this)

I would like to know how to overclock these pc's if possible(and by how much).. fix my gateway and um...be successful... lol

Thanks
March 7, 2007 8:02:21 PM

1. hp, gateway, etc etc(other pre-build pcs) have locked bios to prevent ocing/voiding the warranty
2. it's probably time to get a new pc :) 
Quote:
This thing used to be really good but now is infested with viruses that blinds the internet connection... so NO anti-virus system can update... or function correctly... (what could i do about this)

what do you mean, you can't update and anti-virus that you have now can't get rid of the viruses? if yes than it might be time to format the hdd, although for this one i am not sure, anyone else has some useful advice about this?
March 7, 2007 8:43:28 PM

How exactly do I format the HD, ive never done it before and i dont want to lose any files... And yes, i will get a new pc, i just wanted to repair these for my sister.
Related resources
March 7, 2007 8:48:52 PM

Best that you reinstall windows wiping your current installation. Just make sure that you back up your files before otherwise you are going to lose files :) 
March 7, 2007 8:49:42 PM

i just said the same thing :roll:
March 7, 2007 8:50:05 PM

Yes, but my question is, how exactly do i reformat? THanks
March 7, 2007 8:50:45 PM

i gave you a link :roll: :lol: 
March 7, 2007 8:52:51 PM

lol, thanks a lot, didnt even see it, thought it was ur signature.

I'll do that. Thanks
March 7, 2007 8:54:33 PM

no problem, gl
March 7, 2007 8:55:16 PM

Quote:
i just said the same thing :roll:
See the time stamp on our posts we both said the same thing only you clicked on submit b4 me :( 
March 7, 2007 8:56:23 PM

sorry, honest mistake :lol:  8)
March 7, 2007 8:57:57 PM

no problemo!!! :D 
!