Overclocking 2 computers(need advice)

snipingkid

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2007
Hey everyone. I have 2 old computers that I would to overclock(*if possible).

Here is the first one:(HP)
1.4Ghz Intel Celeron Processor
256mb RAM DDR
Intel 82810E Graphics

I would like to turn this into something that can play at least Counter-Strike Source

Here's the other one:(Gateway)
1.8Ghz Pentium 4 Processor
512mb of RAM
nVIDIA 5200 Graphics card

This thing used to be really good but now is infested with viruses that blinds the internet connection... so NO anti-virus system can update... or function correctly... (what could i do about this)

I would like to know how to overclock these pc's if possible(and by how much).. fix my gateway and um...be successful... lol

Thanks

Assman

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2005
1. hp, gateway, etc etc(other pre-build pcs) have locked bios to prevent ocing/voiding the warranty
2. it's probably time to get a new pc :)
This thing used to be really good but now is infested with viruses that blinds the internet connection... so NO anti-virus system can update... or function correctly... (what could i do about this)
what do you mean, you can't update and anti-virus that you have now can't get rid of the viruses? if yes than it might be time to format the hdd, although for this one i am not sure, anyone else has some useful advice about this?

snipingkid

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2007
How exactly do I format the HD, ive never done it before and i dont want to lose any files... And yes, i will get a new pc, i just wanted to repair these for my sister.

choknuti

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
Best that you reinstall windows wiping your current installation. Just make sure that you back up your files before otherwise you are going to lose files :)