Windows 2003 Server or Enterprise

Hello:
I have installed several times Microsoft Cluster with Windows 2003
Enterprise. I am going to install now a server with an external shared
storage (it is going to be connected through a SCSI cable). My question is if
I need to install Windows 2003 Enterprise or I could use Windows 2003 Server.
I think that the reason to use Windows 2003 Enterprise is to install the
Microsoft Cluster Service, so to see and to manage the shared storage from
one server I have to install Windows 2003 Server. Am I right?

Thanks in advance.
Regards,

Jose
2 answers Last reply
More about windows 2003 server enterprise

    Thank you for your answer. But my problem is that I don't want to use
    Microsoft Cluster. I mean that i am going to have only one node and the
    esternal storage (SCSI). The question if I could see the external storage
    with Windows 2003 server.

    Regars,

    jo5e

    "j05e" wrote:

    > Hello:
    > I have installed several times Microsoft Cluster with Windows 2003
    > Enterprise. I am going to install now a server with an external shared
    > storage (it is going to be connected through a SCSI cable). My question is if
    > I need to install Windows 2003 Enterprise or I could use Windows 2003 Server.
    > I think that the reason to use Windows 2003 Enterprise is to install the
    > Microsoft Cluster Service, so to see and to manage the shared storage from
    > one server I have to install Windows 2003 Server. Am I right?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    > Regards,
    >
    > Jose

    The Cluster service can only be configured on a machine running 2003
    Enterprise or Datacenter edition - it is not supported on 2003 Standard. If
    you only need to view the Cluster -Administrator- for an existing cluster,
    you can do so from any server or workstation that has the Administrative
    Tools installed.

    --
    Laura E. Hunter
    All information provided "AS-IS", no warranties expressed or implied.
    "j05e" <j05e@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello:
    > I have installed several times Microsoft Cluster with Windows 2003
    > Enterprise. I am going to install now a server with an external shared
    > storage (it is going to be connected through a SCSI cable). My question is
    > if
    > I need to install Windows 2003 Enterprise or I could use Windows 2003
    > Server.
    > I think that the reason to use Windows 2003 Enterprise is to install the
    > Microsoft Cluster Service, so to see and to manage the shared storage from
    > one server I have to install Windows 2003 Server. Am I right?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    > Regards,
    >
    > Jose

Windows Server 2003 Servers Microsoft Enterprise Windows