Occasional Program Startup Failure?

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hello,

I have a VB program that needs to run all the time on Windows 2000 (but not
as a service). I have added it to the folder "C:\Documents and Settings\All
Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup"

However, the once and a while the program fails to start and it causes a lot
of problems for my users. I wonder if there is a better way of starting the
app on Win 2000.

Note: It can not be run as a service.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Tom

May be, not all service are already running when the application try to
start.
Try to Logon only when the system are completly started and there is no disk
activity.

If you need to start the application only when the user logon, the Startup
folder is good.

"Tom" <tom@killspam.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Hello,
>

> I have a VB program that needs to run all the time on Windows 2000 (but
> not as a service). I have added it to the folder "C:\Documents and
> Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup"
>

> However, the once and a while the program fails to start and it causes a
> lot of problems for my users. I wonder if there is a better way of
> starting the app on Win 2000.
>

> Note: It can not be run as a service.
>

> Any help is greatly appreciated,
>
> Tom