Problem with command prompt

Hi,

I'm running win2k server. Whenever I try to run a system command, such as
net use (net anything), calc, etc. the command line comes back and tells me
that it is not a known command, batch file, etc. I know that what has
happened is that it has lost its pointer, or whatever other means that it
uses, to know that when those things are typed that it should look in the
system32 folder. What I don't know is why that happened, and how to fix it.
Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks,
John

The %PATH% contain the system32 folder?

"John Rosenlof" <greyseal96@hotmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Hi,
>
> I'm running win2k server. Whenever I try to run a system command, such as
> net use (net anything), calc, etc. the command line comes back and tells
> me
> that it is not a known command, batch file, etc. I know that what has
> happened is that it has lost its pointer, or whatever other means that it
> uses, to know that when those things are typed that it should look in the
> system32 folder. What I don't know is why that happened, and how to fix
> it.
> Does anybody have any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> John

Sorry, I'm not sure that I understand what you mean?
"Mrc" <nospam@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> The %PATH% contain the system32 folder?
>
> "John Rosenlof" <greyseal96@hotmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm running win2k server. Whenever I try to run a system command, such
as
> > net use (net anything), calc, etc. the command line comes back and tells
> > me
> > that it is not a known command, batch file, etc. I know that what has
> > happened is that it has lost its pointer, or whatever other means that
it
> > uses, to know that when those things are typed that it should look in
the
> > system32 folder. What I don't know is why that happened, and how to fix
> > it.
> > Does anybody have any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > John

Select Start/Run and type
sysdm.cpl
Click OK
Find "Environment variable" (or similar)
select a variable named "path" and check if ti contain
%SystemRoot%\system32
if not, add this with ; separator

> Sorry, I'm not sure that I understand what you mean?
> "Mrc" <nospam@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
>> The %PATH% contain the system32 folder?
>>
>> "John Rosenlof" <greyseal96@hotmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I'm running win2k server. Whenever I try to run a system command, such
> as
>> > net use (net anything), calc, etc. the command line comes back and
>> > tells
>> > me
>> > that it is not a known command, batch file, etc. I know that what has
>> > happened is that it has lost its pointer, or whatever other means that
> it
>> > uses, to know that when those things are typed that it should look in
> the
>> > system32 folder. What I don't know is why that happened, and how to
>> > fix
>> > it.
>> > Does anybody have any ideas?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > John

Thanks! It solved the problem, and the extra added benefit was that I found
out about what a path statement is...Thanks again!

-John