breaking win 2000 server software mirror

Tags:
  • NAS / RAID
  • Mirror
  • Servers
  • Software
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
February 25, 2005 6:21:13 PM

I have a software(win2k server) mirror running 2 scsi drives on my
server, I want to break the mirror and establish a new hardware mirror
with my scsi raid card. I was wondering if there should be anything i
should be aware of before i begin the process. I'm first going to
break the mirror, then see if my server reboots, it does like i assume
it will, i then will install the drivers to the raid card, shutdown,
establish the raid array with the scsi utilities. Then boot back up and
everything is running fine under the new raid? Any suggestions

More about : breaking win 2000 server software mirror

Anonymous
February 28, 2005 12:23:24 AM

Your plans sound fine. Back up your data first, including a system state.

--
Scott Baldridge
Windows Server MVP, MCSE

!