Need to stop time check

We have some XP clients as members of a 2003 domain that are not allowed to
log on if we manually change the time to something different than that of the
domain.

Story is, we have a number of clients that are used for testing an
application, part of this testing procedure requires that we change the times
on them so as to test functionality of the software, this change can be
several months ahead/behind current time.

Problem is once we do this and log off the machine, we can no longer log
back on, getting an EM that the time of the pc is out of sync with the domain.

So question is, how do i disable the DC making this check?

Kamerynn wrote:
> We have some XP clients as members of a 2003 domain that are not
> allowed to log on if we manually change the time to something
> different than that of the domain.
>
> Story is, we have a number of clients that are used for testing an
> application, part of this testing procedure requires that we change
> the times on them so as to test functionality of the software, this
> change can be several months ahead/behind current time.
>
> Problem is once we do this and log off the machine, we can no longer
> log
> back on, getting an EM that the time of the pc is out of sync with
> the domain.
>
> So question is, how do i disable the DC making this check?

You can't in any way that I know of, and I wouldn't do it even if I could.
Time syncing is incredibly important - more than 5 minutes difference, and
you won't be able to log in to the domain.

If these PCs need to be used for testing purposes, set up an isolated
test/lab network for them with its own DC, and change the time on the DC as
needed. This is a good idea anyway in any development environment.

Or take the machines out of the domain entirely & make them standalone
workstations.

Or look into virtual PC.