How to uninstall the Recovery Console?

No answers to my bad RC install leaves me with the alternative
to uninstall and use the RC from the W2k CD, if I need it.

Can I just delete C:\cmdcons?

I'd imagine there was something written to the registry when
the RC was installed.

Anybody know anything about this?

--
George Newton
3 answers Last reply

    "George Newton" <georgen@xthis.pobox.com> wrote in message
    > No answers to my bad RC install leaves me with the alternative
    > to uninstall and use the RC from the W2k CD, if I need it.
    >
    > Can I just delete C:\cmdcons?
    >
    > I'd imagine there was something written to the registry when
    > the RC was installed.
    >
    > Anybody know anything about this?
    >
    > --
    > George Newton

    Did you try Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs - Remote Desktop Connection?

    "George Newton" <georgen@xthis.pobox.com> wrote in message
    > No answers to my bad RC install leaves me with the alternative
    > to uninstall and use the RC from the W2k CD, if I need it.
    >
    > Can I just delete C:\cmdcons?
    >
    > I'd imagine there was something written to the registry when
    > the RC was installed.
    >
    > Anybody know anything about this?
    >
    > --
    > George Newton

    Sorry, wrong product - please ignore the previous reply.

    You should be able to delete the folder as you say, you may also want to
    remove the option from boot.ini in the root of the boot drive to remove the
    menu option when you start the server.

    Kevin McNiel, MCSE/MCSA
    Platform Server Setup Group

    Please reply to the Group only, This address cannot receive incoming
    messages.

    "George Newton" <georgen@xthis.pobox.com> wrote in message
    > No answers to my bad RC install leaves me with the alternative
    > to uninstall and use the RC from the W2k CD, if I need it.
    >
    > Can I just delete C:\cmdcons?
    >
    > I'd imagine there was something written to the registry when
    > the RC was installed.
    >
    > Anybody know anything about this?
    >
    > --
    > George Newton