How to uninstall the Recovery Console?

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
March 2, 2005 5:41:52 PM

No answers to my bad RC install leaves me with the alternative
to uninstall and use the RC from the W2k CD, if I need it.

Can I just delete C:\cmdcons?

I'd imagine there was something written to the registry when
the RC was installed.

Anybody know anything about this?

--
George Newton
Anonymous

"George Newton" <georgen@xthis.pobox.com> wrote in message
> No answers to my bad RC install leaves me with the alternative
> to uninstall and use the RC from the W2k CD, if I need it.
>
> Can I just delete C:\cmdcons?
>
> I'd imagine there was something written to the registry when
> the RC was installed.
>
> Anybody know anything about this?
>
> --
> George Newton

Did you try Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs - Remote Desktop Connection?
Anonymous
March 3, 2005 4:55:54 PM

"George Newton" <georgen@xthis.pobox.com> wrote in message
> No answers to my bad RC install leaves me with the alternative
> to uninstall and use the RC from the W2k CD, if I need it.
>
> Can I just delete C:\cmdcons?
>
> I'd imagine there was something written to the registry when
> the RC was installed.
>
> Anybody know anything about this?
>
> --
> George Newton

Sorry, wrong product - please ignore the previous reply.
Anonymous
March 5, 2005 6:36:51 PM

You should be able to delete the folder as you say, you may also want to
remove the option from boot.ini in the root of the boot drive to remove the
menu option when you start the server.

Kevin McNiel, MCSE/MCSA
Platform Server Setup Group

Please reply to the Group only, This address cannot receive incoming
messages.

!