chkdsk log?

When you shedule a chkdsk and it runs during
bootup, some of the information can go by rather
quickly.

Does chkdsk create a log file of this information?

You should have an entry in the Application event log with source Winlogon.
The description should be the output from Chkdsk.

Kevin McNiel, MCSE/MCSA
Platform Server Setup Group

Please reply to the Group only, This address cannot receive incoming
messages.

"WoofWoof" <oftenbark@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> When you shedule a chkdsk and it runs during bootup, some of the
> information can go by rather quickly.
>
> Does chkdsk create a log file of this information?

Found it, thanks Kevin.

Also found a bunch of warnings (5 at every boot)
saying:

"WMI ADAP was unable to create object index 2794
for Performance Library ASP.NET_1.1.4322 because
no value was found in the 009 subkey"

Any idea what this is?

Kevin McNiel [MSFT] wrote:
> You should have an entry in the Application event log with source Winlogon.
> The description should be the output from Chkdsk.

> "WoofWoof" <oftenbark@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>When you shedule a chkdsk and it runs during bootup, some of the
>>information can go by rather quickly.
>>
>>Does chkdsk create a log file of this information?

I believe this is a timing issue that can be safely ignored. It appears to
be some sort of conflict between Perflib and another monitoring-type
program.

> Found it, thanks Kevin.
>
> Also found a bunch of warnings (5 at every boot) saying:
>
> "WMI ADAP was unable to create object index 2794 for Performance Library
> ASP.NET_1.1.4322 because no value was found in the 009 subkey"
>
> Any idea what this is?
>

> Kevin McNiel [MSFT] wrote:
>> You should have an entry in the Application event log with source
>> Winlogon. The description should be the output from Chkdsk.
>
>> "WoofWoof" <oftenbark@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>When you shedule a chkdsk and it runs during bootup, some of the
>>>information can go by rather quickly.
>>>
>>>Does chkdsk create a log file of this information?

Thanks, Kevin ....'ppreciate it!