Change IP adddress on windows 2003 server

After I changed the IP address on a windows 2003 server, I got errors
complaining "unknown computer name or user name".

The server run DNS and AD. I also changed the DNS entries accordingly. But
it didn't make any difference.

Thx.

JM

--
==jm@ddi==

jm@ddi wrote:
> After I changed the IP address on a windows 2003 server, I got errors
> complaining "unknown computer name or user name".

Where and when?

> The server run DNS and AD. I also changed the DNS entries
> accordingly. But it didn't make any difference.

Did you change your DHCP scope, too?

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:

> jm@ddi wrote:
> > After I changed the IP address on a windows 2003 server, I got errors
> > complaining "unknown computer name or user name".
>
> Where and when?

There is only a single server (win2k3) on the network. The users were login
through RDC. The errors were found in the event log on the server.

Also, the login process took much longer than it used to since the change.

If I used the original IP, or if I added the original IP address (as a faked
IP address) on top of the new IP address, everything worked fine.

A little background: the server need to be relocated to another physical
location and it will have a different IP address.

> > The server run DNS and AD. I also changed the DNS entries
> > accordingly. But it didn't make any difference.
>
> Did you change your DHCP scope, too?

No. I feel it's unnecessary as the same server uses static IP.

Thanks.