Problem about RPC (remote procedure call) - need help urge..

Dear All,

Problem about RPC (remote procedure call) - need help urgently

I am using windows 2000 sp4 profession. Expect my computer was inflected by
Blaster Worn and computer keep on restart.

After I enter services.msc and select stop use RPC and install
Windows2000-KB823980-x86-CHT.exe and reboot the computer. The auto
restart is fixed.

BUT a serious problem come up! when I enter services.msc and try to re-set
the RPC to auto mode, found it is locked and not allow me to change the
RPC setting. Also I can't conncet to internet.

Can you please advise how I can fix it ?

Many many thx for your advise.
1 answer Last reply
More about problem remote procedure call urge

    From the recovery console command prompt;

    enable rpcss service_auto_start
    enable rpclocator service_demand_start

    To start the Recovery Console, start the computer from the Windows 2000
    Setup CD or the Windows 2000 Setup floppy disks. If you do not have Setup
    floppy disks and your computer cannot start from the Windows 2000 Setup CD,
    use another Windows 2000-based computer to create the Setup floppy disks.
    Press ENTER at the "Setup Notification" screen. Press R to repair a Windows
    2000 installation, and then press C to use the Recovery Console. The
    Recovery Console then prompts you for the administrator password. If you do
    not have the correct password, Recovery Console does not allow access to the
    computer. If an incorrect password is entered three times, the Recovery
    Console quits and restarts the computer. Note If the registry is corrupted
    or missing or no valid installations are found, the Recovery Console starts
    in the root of the startup volume without requiring a password. You cannot
    access any folders, but you can carry out commands such as chkdsk, fixboot,
    and fixmbr for limited disk repairs. Once the password has been validated,
    you have full access to the Recovery Console, but limited access to the hard
    disk. You can only access the following folders on your computer: drive
    root, %systemroot% or %windir%

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "123" wrote:
    | Dear All,
    |
    | Problem about RPC (remote procedure call) - need help urgently
    |
    | I am using windows 2000 sp4 profession. Expect my computer was inflected
    by
    | Blaster Worn and computer keep on restart.
    |
    | After I enter services.msc and select stop use RPC and install
    | Windows2000-KB823980-x86-CHT.exe and reboot the computer. The auto
    | restart is fixed.
    |
    | BUT a serious problem come up! when I enter services.msc and try to
    re-set
    | the RPC to auto mode, found it is locked and not allow me to change the
    | RPC setting. Also I can't conncet to internet.
    |
    | Can you please advise how I can fix it ?
    |
    | Many many thx for your advise.

RPC Computers Windows 2000 Windows