W2003 server and SATA drives

I am trying to set up a new server with W2003 enterprise server. I have an
onboard SATA controller on the motherboard. W2003 crashes on install. If
installed on non-SATA drive, server boots but cannot see SATA drives. Does
anyone know how to get this to work?
1 answer Last reply
More about w2003 server sata drives

    You may need to boot the Windows 2003 CD-Rom and *F6* very early and very
    important (at setup is inspecting your system) in the setup to prevent drive
    controller detection, and select S to specify additional drivers. Then later
    you'll be prompted to insert the manufacturer supplied Windows 2003 driver
    for your serial ATA controller in drive "A"

    If you wait and then S to specify additional drivers, then it may be too
    late as Windows 2003 Setup at this point may have already assigned the
    resources your drive's controller is wanting to use.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "jay@stoltenberg.com" wrote:
    |I am trying to set up a new server with W2003 enterprise server. I have an
    | onboard SATA controller on the motherboard. W2003 crashes on install. If
    | installed on non-SATA drive, server boots but cannot see SATA drives. Does
    | anyone know how to get this to work?

SATA Servers Windows