User permisions

Hi everyone,

I am faced with the following challenge and would really appreciate if you
could help or point me in the right direction.

We have two computer running Win 2000 Pro.

We would like to give a public access to this computer so anyone coming in
can use them.

My challenge is to:

1 Create an account on each computer with the following restrictions:

- Users cannot change any settings on the computer.

- Users cannot right click.

- Users cannot download files from the Internet

- Users cannot create files or folders

- Users can only access sites approved by us

2 Does any of you know of a cheap software, which will allow us:

- How long people have been on the Internet

- Have the printed anything

Thanks a lot in advance.

Anguel

Do a search on the net for the following, you should get much information:

securing public computers
securing library computers
securing museum computers
securing computers

Try the same search but use hardening instead of securing. Using these
search terms will yield much information.

John

Anguel Iordanov wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>

> I am faced with the following challenge and would really appreciate if you
> could help or point me in the right direction.
>

> We have two computer running Win 2000 Pro.
>
> We would like to give a public access to this computer so anyone coming in
> can use them.
>

> My challenge is to:
>
> 1 Create an account on each computer with the following restrictions:
>
> - Users cannot change any settings on the computer.
>
> - Users cannot right click.
>
> - Users cannot download files from the Internet
>
> - Users cannot create files or folders
>
> - Users can only access sites approved by us
>
> 2 Does any of you know of a cheap software, which will allow us:
>
> - How long people have been on the Internet
>
> - Have the printed anything
>

> Thanks a lot in advance.
>

> Anguel

You have them Loged in with limited rights. Go back into
user acounts in control panel and create an other acount
with admin rights and you should be set. And stay away
from the weed :)

TRENDING THREADS