metalheadfl

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2007
what are the multiplyer and frequency settings for a Intel Celeron R 2.40ghz? Had to change the motherboard in a friends computer,the boot screen shows the settings as 100x24 i know that = 2.40 i dont think that is right.i`v tried clearing the cmos and it still sets the cpu to those vaules..

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007
1.4-1.45v raise the voltage until the temp raises in the bias then back it off until no raise. you may need a better cooler if you can get oc voltage

if your using a newer mobo and chip turn off the intel throttle control speedsetp or tm1 or tm2 or what ever just turn it all off

if you got good memory set your voltage to 2.8-2.9v and feel it to make sure its not real hot you can = ground your self and stick finder on the chip or spreader

stock multiplier is fine raise the fsb until its not stable you should get 3.2-3.5ghz with any problems if your luck you get 4ghz

if your using a old mobo you need to lower the speed of the memory or the latencies or both.

so if you memory is fsb200 and your chip is 133 as you raise your fsb you memory may not cooperate - lower the memory speed

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
what are the multiplyer and frequency settings for a Intel Celeron R 2.40ghz? Had to change the motherboard in a friends computer,the boot screen shows the settings as 100x24 i know that = 2.40 i dont think that is right.i`v tried clearing the cmos and it still sets the cpu to those vaules..
Yes, 24x100 is right. :wink:

joefriday

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2006
1.4-1.45v raise the voltage until the temp raises in the bias then back it off until no raise. you may need a better cooler if you can get oc voltage

if your using a newer mobo and chip turn off the intel throttle control speedsetp or tm1 or tm2 or what ever just turn it all off

if you got good memory set your voltage to 2.8-2.9v and feel it to make sure its not real hot you can = ground your self and stick finder on the chip or spreader

stock multiplier is fine raise the fsb until its not stable you should get 3.2-3.5ghz with any problems if your luck you get 4ghz

if your using a old mobo you need to lower the speed of the memory or the latencies or both.

so if you memory is fsb200 and your chip is 133 as you raise your fsb you memory may not cooperate - lower the memory speed

The 24x100 is a dead giveway that this is a northwood Celeron, socket 478, C1/D1 stepping. It already runs at 1.45-1.5 vcore, and there's no way in hell it will reach 4GHz; most C1 steppings crap out at around 3GHz. It has no speed step technology. In fact no celeron does. The factory cooler is more than adequate for this cpu, as they never get hot. Know your CPUs before giving CPU advice.

To the OP: 24x100 is correct. You have an old Celeron.

m25

Distinguished
May 23, 2006
the best Northwood celerons are the pretty rare 2.2GHz ones; most motherboards, even non overclocking ones usually had a jumper or bios screen to switch from FSB 100 to FSB 133 For Pentium4s, and you could comfortably make it sit on 2.87GHz without any trouble.