Files inaccessable

Hello,

There is a user who is having problems accessing documents in a folder
on a shared drive. This folder, located on say, O:/ drive,
is accessable by navigating through my computer. Once in the folder,
when you double click on any file, the file opens up and everything is
fine.

However, when you enter any program, and try and open the file through
File-->Open
the computer freezes up.
Actually, with any program, whenever he tries to access a file in that
folder, the computer freezes up. The only way he can get into the
folder and access ANY file in the folder is by going through MY
Computer/O Drive/Folder/File

The problem is only local to him, other users in his department are not
having the same problem.

Any thoughts?
Thanks,
George
1 answer Last reply
More about files inaccessable

    Cross-post when necessary, but never multi-post. Cross-posting is when you
    include two or more groups in the "Newsgroups:" section. In this scenario
    the message and all responses are seen in all groups that the message was
    cross-posted to. In other words any replies will automatically propagate to
    the other newsgroup posts.

    Multi-posting is when you post the same message to two or more groups
    individually. In this scenario the message is seen in the groups it is
    posted to, but the responses are only seen attached to the message (unless
    you cross-post the reply) in which the response was made. So those that
    frequent these groups then need to deal with or re-read the posts. It may
    seem like a small thing to keep track of. But some of us actively traverse
    50 or more groups. The poster also then must search out all of the posts to
    see if there was a response.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    <gciarro@kmhp.com> wrote in message
    | Hello,
    |
    | There is a user who is having problems accessing documents in a folder
    | on a shared drive. This folder, located on say, O:/ drive,
    | is accessable by navigating through my computer. Once in the folder,
    | when you double click on any file, the file opens up and everything is
    | fine.
    |
    | However, when you enter any program, and try and open the file through
    | File-->Open
    | the computer freezes up.
    | Actually, with any program, whenever he tries to access a file in that
    | folder, the computer freezes up. The only way he can get into the
    | folder and access ANY file in the folder is by going through MY
    | Computer/O Drive/Folder/File
    |
    | The problem is only local to him, other users in his department are not
    | having the same problem.
    |

    | Any thoughts?
    | Thanks,
    | George