Installing Win 2k Server on a System with Mylex DAC960PD C..

I'm trying to setup Windows 2000 Server (1-4 CPU) on a system with a Mylex
DAC960PD controller (Firmware 3.52), the controller is set up with 3 IBM DGHS
9.1 GiB drives on RAID5. The Board is a Intel SC450NX with 4 Pentium III Xeon
700/100/2M and 16x HP D6114A (total 4096MiB).

My Windows-Version is german, so the output is also german, im trying to
translate it as best as i can.

After the disks are formated to NTFS and all data have been copied the
system restarts, while booting, i get the folowing error:
Fehler beim Lesen des Datenträgers
Neustart mit Strg+Alt+Entf

=> Error while reading Harddisk
=> restart with Ctrl+Alt+Del

I heard that this is a problem with the Mylex controller, a path or
something like this has to be changed in a file... but i dont found pretty
much about this (nothing...)
Well, maybe im totaly wrong, i really dont know it :/

After the raid array is configured in controller bios you'll want to boot
the Windows 2000 setup disks or CD-Rom. The set of four install disks can be
created from your Windows 2000 CD-Rom; change to the \bootdisk directory on
the CD-Rom and execute makeboot.exe (from dos) or makebt32.exe (from 32 bit)
and follow the prompts.

Then *F6* very early and very important (at setup is inspecting your system)
in the setup to prevent drive controller detection, and select S to specify
additional drivers. Then later you'll be prompted to insert the manufacturer
supplied Windows 2000 driver for your raid controller in drive "A"

If you wait and then S to specify additional drivers, then it may be too
late as Windows 2000 Setup at this point may have already assigned the
resources your drive's controller is wanting to use.

Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect