How to remove multiple 2000 installations

Eugene

Need advice on how to remove previously installed Windows 2000 Prefessional
installations under separate \WINNT directories. I failed to repair the first
installation using the original setup CD-ROM and ended up creating two more
installations on the same hard drive. Now my later installation is working
OK, but do I still need to re-install all my window application software, or
is there an easy way to duplicate a working startup meu from my previous
installation and to have access to the programs under the Program Files
directory?

I would really appreciate your help. Thanks.

"Eugene" <Eugene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Need advice on how to remove previously installed Windows 2000
Prefessional
> installations under separate \WINNT directories. I failed to repair the
first
> installation using the original setup CD-ROM and ended up creating two
more
> installations on the same hard drive. Now my later installation is working
> OK, but do I still need to re-install all my window application software,
or
> is there an easy way to duplicate a working startup meu from my previous
> installation and to have access to the programs under the Program Files
> directory?
>
> I would really appreciate your help. Thanks.

Simply delete the separate WinNT directories. Edit the hidden
file c:\boot.ini to remove the startup options.

You will have to re-install your applications. It is not possible
to transfer them from the failed installations.