female bayleef

All my starters from colosseum are male, if I breed them with ditto will I
get a female ?
if not does that mean I have to start colosseum again and get a female
bayleef etc. to be able to get chikorita in fire red ?

thanks

Paul S.

"Paul Stamper" <p.stamper@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> All my starters from colosseum are male, if I breed them with ditto will I
> get a female ?
> if not does that mean I have to start colosseum again and get a female
> bayleef etc. to be able to get chikorita in fire red ?
>
> thanks
>
> Paul S.

Doh! silly question, now I realise how breeding works I have now breed
bayleef with ditto and got the chikorita and also just got mudkip! well
please I have now just realised how to get the starters!

Paul S.

Once upon a time Paul Stamper decided to write:

> All my starters from colosseum are male, if I breed them with ditto
> will I get a female ?
> if not does that mean I have to start colosseum again and get a female
> bayleef etc. to be able to get chikorita in fire red ?

You should be able to get female with Ditto, but I'm not sure from which
point it is that the gender of the egg is decided (ie I'm not sure if once
the egg has been laid, that the gender is already set and so resetting will
acomplish nothing, or if before you get the egg, save only then and retry if
it's not female). In Colosseum, I made sure all of my Pokémon were female. A
few at the beginning ended up being male thoug, such as my Bayleef.