New Memory Installed. Now What?

Windows 2000 Pro. I installed new memory in my system, taking it from 256 MB
to 512 MB. Is there anything I need to do configuration wise to help my
system fully utilize the extra memory and to see the fullest possible speed
increase from the upgrade? Thanks for the help. God bless.

--
Dr. Doug Pruiett
Good News Jail & Prison Ministry

Chaplain Doug wrote:
> Windows 2000 Pro. I installed new memory in my system, taking it from 256 MB
> to 512 MB. Is there anything I need to do configuration wise to help my
> system fully utilize the extra memory and to see the fullest possible speed
> increase from the upgrade? Thanks for the help. God bless.

You should check your page file settings to ensure that they are
appropriate for the amount of RAM you have. I would suggest you
set both the min and the max to 1.5 times RAM - or 768 MB.

Other than that you shouldn't have to do anything else.