X-Fi XtremeMusic vs X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro

slayer10000

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2006
Hey i been looking to get a sound card for my system and wanted to know the difference from theses 2 cards from wat i can tell from specs and wat not the only thing is the xram and if thats the case the xtreme music would be the best pic and its alot cheaper lol

the speaker i am using are x-530 thinking of upgradeing them later when i got the money lol

any info would be great

Track

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
XtremeMusic is the base X-Fi soundcard. It has all the features that u may want.

Platinum add the I/O Drive, wich is only usefull if u want to connect the card to a reciever.

XtremeGamer Fatal1ty is the same as the XtremeMusic but adds 64MB of "X-RAM" wich can give u a 2-4% increase in performance in 3 games.

Fatal1ty FPS is the XtremeGamer with the I/O drive.

The choice is obvious.

teraus

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2007
Its not quite right what you said since you presumably dont have a platinum xfi. that front I/o drive has lots more inputs and outputs than the vanila

I have coaxial in out, optical in out, midi in out, line in out ,headphones with volume control its all there. much more than you were suggesting

Track

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
OK, so may be able to connect to more than to just a reciever.
The point is that the Platinum is only good if u dont want to use PC speakers or headphones.

darkguset

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
Its not quite right what you said since you presumably dont have a platinum xfi. that front I/o drive has lots more inputs and outputs than the vanila

I have coaxial in out, optical in out, midi in out, line in out ,headphones with volume control its all there. much more than you were suggesting

XtremeMusic also has midi and line IO's and headphone control on the Volume control panel... that leaves you only with coaxial and optical outputs. hehe...

I think the music card would probably be the best for the $$$.
I just picked up the Extreme X-fi Gamer this weekend, I don't know why really but I just had to have that xram. Guess it just sounded good.
I have a set of Logitech 530's. Pretty happy with with the card/speaker combo for money.