Clock fix.

Both my ruby and my girlfriends Sapphire games have stopped growing
berries etc. Now I know that this is due to an internal clock problem which
can be fixed in one of three ways.
the first two involve colloseum and box, so are out of the question, the
third is to send the carts to Pokemon UK. It says on the web page that you
get a small gift if you do this.
Has anybody sent off their cart and if so do you know what the gift is?
Ted
--
Evil is such a negative term........
I prefer differently moraled.

    weirdwolf wrote:

    > Both my ruby and my girlfriends Sapphire games have stopped growing
    > berries etc. Now I know that this is due to an internal clock problem which
    > can be fixed in one of three ways.
    > the first two involve colloseum and box, so are out of the question, the
    > third is to send the carts to Pokemon UK. It says on the web page that you
    > get a small gift if you do this.
    > Has anybody sent off their cart and if so do you know what the gift is?
    > Ted

    There is one lat way.

    If you trade with FR/LG the cart will do the internal patch for the clock

    "Disruptor" <mathews1@gte.net> wrote in message

    > weirdwolf wrote:
    >
    >> Both my ruby and my girlfriends Sapphire games have stopped growing
    >> berries etc. Now I know that this is due to an internal clock problem
    >> which
    >> can be fixed in one of three ways.
    >> the first two involve colloseum and box, so are out of the question, the
    >> third is to send the carts to Pokemon UK. It says on the web page that
    >> you
    >> get a small gift if you do this.
    >> Has anybody sent off their cart and if so do you know what the gift is?
    >> Ted
    >
    > There is one lat way.
    >
    > If you trade with FR/LG the cart will do the internal patch for the clock

    I seem to remember that you don't have to trade. There's some mode that
    activates either at the title screen or the Save/New Game screen.

    Chad wrote:

    > I seem to remember that you don't have to trade. There's some mode that
    > activates either at the title screen or the Save/New Game screen.

    I think you're thinking of changing the time the clock indicates, like
    for Daylight Savings Time. We're talking about the bug where, after 100
    hours or days or something pass after you started a game the clock stops
    completely. While time doesn't affect the game quite the same way as it
    did in Gold and Silver, there are still time related events (like the
    growth of berry trees and high and low tides) that rely on the clock
    being able to work. I know patches were distributed on the Colosseum
    bonus disk, and I think Colosseum, Fire Red, and Leaf Green could patch
    the bug, too.

    --

    Chet "Tech" Weaver

    AIM: PanGatomon
    MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
    eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
    Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
    ICQ: 122744531

    My Adventure Quest character:

    "weirdwolf" <weirdwolfnospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Both my ruby and my girlfriends Sapphire games have stopped growing
    > berries etc. Now I know that this is due to an internal clock problem
    > which
    > can be fixed in one of three ways.
    > the first two involve colloseum and box, so are out of the question, the
    > third is to send the carts to Pokemon UK. It says on the web page that you
    > get a small gift if you do this.
    > Has anybody sent off their cart and if so do you know what the gift is?

    It's almost certainly a shiny Zigzagoon, since that's what Nintendo of
    America gave away, and the UK fix seems to be the same.

    I'm almost tempted to send them my cart (that's already interacted with
    Channel, Coli, Box and FL) just for the silver scrounger.

    --
    Steffan Alun

    http://iceduck.pkmn.co.uk/ - my site
    http://www.pkmn.co.uk/ - want Pokeyman?

    Sapphire PokéDex: 201

    LeafGreen PokéDex: 108

    STEFFAN HEDD ALUN wrote:

    > "weirdwolf" <weirdwolfnospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Both my ruby and my girlfriends Sapphire games have stopped growing
    > > berries etc. Now I know that this is due to an internal clock problem
    > > which
    > > can be fixed in one of three ways.
    > > the first two involve colloseum and box, so are out of the question, the
    > > third is to send the carts to Pokemon UK. It says on the web page that you
    > > get a small gift if you do this.
    > > Has anybody sent off their cart and if so do you know what the gift is?
    >
    > It's almost certainly a shiny Zigzagoon, since that's what Nintendo of
    > America gave away, and the UK fix seems to be the same.
    >
    > I'm almost tempted to send them my cart (that's already interacted with
    > Channel, Coli, Box and FL) just for the silver scrounger.
    >
    > --
    > Steffan Alun
    >
    > http://iceduck.pkmn.co.uk/ - my site
    > http://www.pkmn.co.uk/ - want Pokeyman?
    >
    > Sapphire PokéDex: 201
    >
    > LeafGreen PokéDex: 108

    Is there any thing diffrent about it's stats?

    --
    Richard The Blind Typer
    Lets Hear It For Talking Computers.

    "STEFFAN HEDD ALUN" <sha3@aber.ac.uk> wrote in news:1099877854.981330
    @leri.aber.ac.uk:

    > "weirdwolf" <weirdwolfnospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Both my ruby and my girlfriends Sapphire games have stopped growing
    >> berries etc. Now I know that this is due to an internal clock problem
    >> which
    >> can be fixed in one of three ways.
    >> the first two involve colloseum and box, so are out of the question,
    the
    >> third is to send the carts to Pokemon UK. It says on the web page that
    you
    >> get a small gift if you do this.
    >> Has anybody sent off their cart and if so do you know what the gift
    is?

    > It's almost certainly a shiny Zigzagoon, since that's what Nintendo of
    > America gave away, and the UK fix seems to be the same.
    >
    > I'm almost tempted to send them my cart (that's already interacted with
    > Channel, Coli, Box and FL) just for the silver scrounger.
    Thanks. I think I'll get my girlfriend to give them a call tomorrow oh
    erm today.
    Anybody interested in what the outcome is if we do send the carts off?
    Unless Sanity clause is very very nice to me this year I don't think that
    LG/FR is on the cards and I don't own a gamecube.
    <sigh> I'm now at the age where people think that socks not strange
    Japanese games are a good present </sigh> >;-)
    Ted

    --

    weirdwolf wrote:

    > "STEFFAN HEDD ALUN" <sha3@aber.ac.uk> wrote in news:1099877854.981330
    > @leri.aber.ac.uk:
    >
    > > "weirdwolf" <weirdwolfnospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >> Both my ruby and my girlfriends Sapphire games have stopped growing
    > >> berries etc. Now I know that this is due to an internal clock problem
    > >> which
    > >> can be fixed in one of three ways.
    > >> the first two involve colloseum and box, so are out of the question,
    > the
    > >> third is to send the carts to Pokemon UK. It says on the web page that
    > you
    > >> get a small gift if you do this.
    > >> Has anybody sent off their cart and if so do you know what the gift
    > is?
    > >
    > > It's almost certainly a shiny Zigzagoon, since that's what Nintendo of
    > > America gave away, and the UK fix seems to be the same.
    > >
    > > I'm almost tempted to send them my cart (that's already interacted with
    > > Channel, Coli, Box and FL) just for the silver scrounger.
    > Thanks. I think I'll get my girlfriend to give them a call tomorrow oh
    > erm today.
    > Anybody interested in what the outcome is if we do send the carts off?
    > Unless Sanity clause is very very nice to me this year I don't think that
    > LG/FR is on the cards and I don't own a gamecube.
    > <sigh> I'm now at the age where people think that socks not strange
    > Japanese games are a good present </sigh> >;-)
    > Ted
    >
    > --
    > Evil is such a negative term........
    > I prefer differently moraled.
    > \ /
    > 0 0
    > °
    > ~

    yes let me know.

    --
    Richard The Blind Typer
    Lets Hear It For Talking Computers.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    "richard e white" <chiphead@cox.net> wrote in message

    [Re: Shiny Zigzagoon]

    > Is there any thing diffrent about it's stats?

    No. Shininess is no longer determined by IVs, so its stats will presumably
    be as random as those found in the wild. That said, the Mew given away
    during the RBY days all had the exact same IVs, so the Zigzagoons might all
    be identical as well.

    Either way, though, the only thing special about it is that it's silver.

    --
    Steffan Alun

    http://iceduck.pkmn.co.uk/ - my site
    http://www.pkmn.co.uk/ - want Pokeyman?