Ds3 fan problem? (long story, short problem)

clarkboyo

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2006
OK so I'm having weird problems trying to get the front fan working on my ds3...

I Have a coolermaster cac-t05 (centurion) and it has 1 120mm fan at the back and one 80mm LED fan in the front. I wanted the front fan working just for that nice little light because I thought it's cool, but when I connect it via the sys_fan connecter (because the back fan is using the pwr_fan and I find the sys_fan the only logical choice,) The computer won't turn on. I pull it off of the sys_fan connecter thingy, try turning it on, and it works again. So then I try again but get the same problem..

I want to know how come It just doesn't turn on. I thought Maybe it's a power problem, maybe my PS doesn't have enough power, but then I check the psu calculator site (www.extreme.outer... yadayada) and it says that I have more than enough for that extra one LED fan.

SO I think it's a prob. with the molex adapters (i think that's what they're called, it's the big white 4 pin connectors with the f#'s on them) so I try switching them (ie. instead of f4, use f5) but then that doesn't work out either

So I talked to my tech guy at school and he told me he read somewhere that sometimes the power supply is too much for it (or something like that) so that might be the problem

Anyways, I really would like to know if maybe there are other adapters I could put it in or.. i don't know.. but anyways, thanks for taking the time for reading my big story.. and big thx if anyone solves my problem.

btw my specs are: (and yes, it's a budget comp, a canadian budget comp)
430w psu
CM centurion cac-t05
Pentium D 820
1x samsung 5300 ddr2
Evga e-gefore 7600gs
1x250gb HDD SATA 7300rpm
GA-965-ds3 Rev 2.0 (bought 2 weeks b4 3.3 came out aagh)

CmdPT

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
Plug it in the CPU_FAN. I don't know why you are plugging it in the SYS_FAN socket.

Try that first see if that works.

CmdPT

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
Also try and Disable SMART FAN in the BIOS, so it wouldn't stop while the CPU is in a safe temps and it would just run continuously.

clarkboyo

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2006
I can't put it in the cpu_fan, the intel stock fan is using it.. and also, i thought the cpu_fan connecter is for the Cpu Fan, ie the one you put on top of the cpu heatsink

one more thing, what exactly is the sys_fan for then if not for an extra fan?