Do I need Win2k SERVER to host Terminal Services?

From Microsoft's FAQ it sounds like standard win2k can't act as the
"server".

If so, I am back to products like PC/Anywhere. I have used that
before. Is there anything a lot better? PCA works OK but I wonder if
the screen transfers are well enough optimised.

I just want a remote desktop from win2k-SP4 as the "server", and file
transfer.

Any tips much appreciated.

Peter.
E-mail replies to peter1234@peter2000XY.co.uk but remove the X and the Y.
More about win2k server host terminal services

    "Peter" <peter0o0o0o@peter2-0-o-0.c0.uk> wrote in message
    > From Microsoft's FAQ it sounds like standard win2k can't act as the
    > "server".
    >
    > If so, I am back to products like PC/Anywhere. I have used that
    > before. Is there anything a lot better? PCA works OK but I wonder if
    > the screen transfers are well enough optimised.
    >
    > I just want a remote desktop from win2k-SP4 as the "server", and file
    > transfer.
    >
    > Any tips much appreciated.
    >
    > Peter.
    > --
    > Return address is invalid to help stop junk mail.
    > E-mail replies to peter1234@peter2000XY.co.uk but remove the X and the Y.
    > Please do NOT copy usenet posts to email - it is NOT necessary.

    Currently there are two flavours of Windows that support Terminal Services:

    - Windows Server
    - Windows XP Professional

    And yes, you're right: Remote Desktop appears to be far better
    optimised than either pcAnywhere or WinVNC.

    You could set up a VPN to transfer files.

Terminal Microsoft Servers Windows