Best Watercooing Setup?

seth0385

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2007
I want to purchase a watercooling system. Anyone have any recomendations? I have an e6600, 8800gtx, evga 680i, and LianLip65b case.

I want to cool northbridge, cpu, and video.

Thanks for the help!

tool_462

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2006
Depends on the mobo. His mobo has an optional fan that needs to be used when overclocking.

Northbridge blocks are generally not worth the loss of flow though. Just get an HR-01 or a JingTing chipset cooler.

Tomorrow I will give a good water kit example, start by reading the sticky about watercooling 101 and you can look up the stuff listed at the bottom of my sig.

MingoDynasty

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2006
Depends on the mobo. His mobo has an optional fan that needs to be used when overclocking.

Northbridge blocks are generally not worth the loss of flow though. Just get an HR-01 or a JingTing chipset cooler.

Tomorrow I will give a good water kit example, start by reading the sticky about watercooling 101 and you can look up the stuff listed at the bottom of my sig.

Not even, man. If he's that worried, just have him stuff some AS5 or Shin Etsu grease on teh northbridge.

I've been lookin around to find the absolute best water-cooling kit myself. I'll be lookin forward to that "good water kit example" if yours.

apt403

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2006
Heres the best system i could put together, ill add links to everything later today.

Pump:
Iwaki Pumps WP-IKMD30RLZT - $219 Its the tenth down.

CPU Waterblock:
Swiftech Storm - $55

GPU Waterblock:
Not sure.

Radiator(s):
Thermochill HE120.3 There discontinued, so i cant find any new. You've got to use high CFM fans with these things.

Reservoir:
Just pick one.

Not going to be easy or cheap, but it'll cool really well.

apt403

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2006
Thats the best system i could put together with standard watercooling supplies (besides the pump). I guess the best system you could possibly put together would be made out of plumbing supplys and stuff.

Dig a 10ft deep trench around your house, bury 1 1/2" copper pipe there, hook the pipe up to a crazy self built TEC water block, hook the other end of the pipe up to a 100 gallon tank of water, also burried 10ft underground, then use a 3 or 4 of those massive water pumps that the water companies and crap use to supply water to entire towns.

You woundnt need a radiator because the pump and water tank are both buried underground. You would have to use copper pipe since, 1. the stuff is underground. And 2. the PSI of the pump would be so great that regular plastic/rubber tubing would just explide/pop.

The entire setup would cost thousands and thousands of dollars. It would be a much better idea just to buy/build a 50 stage phase change systems for like $5000 instead of spending $500,000 on a crazy water system. Or you could just buy a massive tank of LN2.

MingoDynasty

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2006
Alright, so what I found, this seems to be the best setup:

CASE: Thermaltake Armor $0
COOLANT: Distilled Water $20
CPU: Swiftech Storm $75
GPU: Danger Den Maze4 Acetal $45
PUMP: Laing DDC (Swiftech MCP350/355) $80
RADIATOR: Thermochill PA120.3 $120
RESEVOIR: Swiftech MCRES-MICRO $20
TUBING: Masterkleer Pvc Tubing, 7/16" Id, 5/8" $5

Total: $365

mrmez

Splendid
I went with DangerDen. Awesome products.

cpu/gpu i went with the rbx/maze blocks. Can also use the tdx which are better. D5 pump, DEFINATELY get tygon tubing. More flex less leaks.. trust me. Get a good size rad + shroud too. Dont skimp, it will cost more but if ur prepared to spend it makes a big diff.
Also DO NOT, NEVER, EVER use the gpu block with the ram water loop in. COMPLETE BS. Smple ram sink works 110%

NB... meh ive OC my NB from 200-400 a small fan cools more than enuf. Its just more garbage in ur loop to cause leaks/add heat

MingoDynasty

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2006
Dual MCP 655, Dual tripple rads, custom 5 L res, tygon 1/2" tubes, strom rev 2, koolsh SLI, MCW30, MM U2 UFO.

Is MCP 655 better than 350 and 355? Not just because it is a bigger number. And why do you need dual pumps?? And dual radiators? Seems kinda overkill if you'd ask me. If I went to buy the latest and greatest, I'd still want to go for value as well.

I've heard that Masterkleer is almost as good as Tygon but a hell of a lot cheaper. Should Tygon still be the better choice?

Also, I'd have to agree with MrMez; adding the ram and northbridge to your loop is a waste. They bare generate enough heat to consider improved cooling.

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
Swiftech MCP655 pump and Swiftech Strom Rev.2 water block is a good start. I have this in my rig. As for the radiator get dual 120mm if you only want the cpu cooled or get a triple 120mm if you want to include a single 8800GTX.

wun911

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2006
Im sorry dude but tygon is the best (other tubes might be cheaper) Tygon is resistant to acids and solvents, its autoclave resistant so I can sterilze them, it has a 100npts bore so its really slick, its really really flexable for the hard to reach places, its impregnated with silver to help disipate heat aswell as inhibit the growth of bacteria and algae. Hear is a link if you want more info about Tygon tubes:

http://www.coleparmer.com/techinfo/techinfo.asp?htmlfile=tygon-silver.htm&ID=926

Yeah the the pumps I use are slighly differnt because I went to Lang (where the pumps are made) They have better head pressure and less pump heat.

If i didnt run 2 pumps the water would move too slowly.

Running 2 rads allows me, lager surface area to disipate the heat so, now I dont need as many fans so the PC is nice and quiet.