Windows hidden behind Taskbar After Minimized

March 20, 2005 2:47:02 AM

Recently my computer starts to act stangely. No matter how many programs or
files I have opened and minimized their windows, these programs/files are all
hidden behind the taskbar and I have to use Ctrl+Tab to switch between them
in order to bring up or close the programs or files. What happens to my
Window XP?
March 20, 2005 5:31:08 AM

Do you have an application to detect and remove Spyware or Malaware?

If not try Spybot Search & Destroy.

Learn how to use it and run it regularly, just like anti-virus.

It's one of the 3 important things you need to keep the PC safe and secure.
1. Firewall
2. Anti-Virus
3. Anti Spyware

"TH" wrote:

> Recently my computer starts to act stangely. No matter how many programs or
> files I have opened and minimized their windows, these programs/files are all
> hidden behind the taskbar and I have to use Ctrl+Tab to switch between them
> in order to bring up or close the programs or files. What happens to my
> Window XP?
Anonymous
March 20, 2005 9:21:23 AM

Hi,

This from MVP Kelly should help:

Scroll to line 240, left column

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"TH" <TH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Recently my computer starts to act stangely. No matter how many programs
> or
> files I have opened and minimized their windows, these programs/files are
> all
> hidden behind the taskbar and I have to use Ctrl+Tab to switch between
> them
> in order to bring up or close the programs or files. What happens to my
> Window XP?
Anonymous
March 20, 2005 10:49:46 PM

Don't know about Home, but in Pro using "Classic View", Start, Settings,
Taskbar and Start Menu, uncheck the "Keep the taskbar on top of other
windows" box.

--
Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service!
"Google is your Friend!"