Sign in with
Your question

best place to buy stuff in Canada?

Last response: in Systems
March 8, 2007 1:55:20 PM

Hey, I want to customize a new pc to a lot of the specs I found from reading posts on here. I need a place that will build it for me after I pick everything out in Canada. I checked directcanada but I don't see that they build the system, anywhere else I can shop at? I was looking at etccomputer.ca but they lack some of the stuff I need. My budget is about 3k canadian.

More about : place buy stuff canada

March 8, 2007 2:24:56 PM

Did you try a local Computer shop?. Give them a list of what you want in your build and have them give you a price quote. If everything looks good have them build your system. Just have them stick to the list of components and not swap out cheaper items for quality parts. If they can't get everything for you, try ordering in harder to find parts from online sources and take them into the shop for assembly, they are billing you for their time anyway.
March 8, 2007 2:48:17 PM

Yeah i'm in the same spot he is, I'm gonna spend about $3000+ CDN for a new computer. I am worried that if I go to my local computer store that they will order the parts from their own place that costs more for the parts or something. I have a feeling that they won't look online or whatever to find the cheapest prices without buying the cheapest product.

Would it be cheaper to buy all the stuff myself from a store then just give it to them to build?
Related resources
March 8, 2007 2:58:10 PM

I don't think locally would be a lot cheaper, on the net you can look around and find the best pricing. I just need to find a good solid online store in Canada that will cuztomize the pc for me and has a good selection of parts. So if anyone has experience with one pleaset let me know, thanks!
March 8, 2007 2:58:16 PM

Where do you guys live, also there's NCIX.
March 8, 2007 3:01:51 PM

I only buy local and it is cheaper. But it depends on if you got a good one close.
March 8, 2007 3:19:06 PM

Three places to check out:
DirectCanada.com which you've already mentioned. Not sure if they do the assembling but I would strongly suspect they would.
NCIX. They definitely will assemble for you. Note that DirectCanada.com and NCIX.com are related. Sister companies at least, and they ship from the same warehouse. In my experience, DirectCanada.com is cheaper.
MemoryExpress. Sometimes they have better prices but recently, their prices have been a little high. They will also assemble.

You should generally expect to pay a bit for assembly. I've been building computers for twenty years, at times professionally, and I would happily pay someone a reasonable amount to assemble the system for me.
March 8, 2007 3:23:56 PM

From Canada Ontario [close to Hamilton] TY for the replies for mtlboy and myself ^_^ I'm gonna check out these sites right now.
March 8, 2007 3:25:48 PM

I've bought from MemoryExpress (www.memoryexpress.com), NCIX (www.ncix.com), and TigerDirect (www.tigerdirect.ca).

MemoryExpress is local to me (Alberta), and they've had a great 7 day return/exchange policy. Saved my bacon a few times. They were the cheapest local store usually as well, and were competitive with NCIX usually. Plus, MemoryExpres is right on the way home from work, so no shipping charges or delays.

I've had good service with NCIX and they've got a good selection, but I prefer to deal locally unless there's a big difference in price or I can't find the product I want locally. NCIX is one province away (Vancouver B.C. based)

TigerDirect sometimes has some good deals, but often their best deals are due to rebates (which I've gotten; they just take awhile), and their shipping charges have been high.

Both TigerDirect and NCIX will send out e-flyers with some good deals, which is nice.

My $0.02 CAD.

Clint
March 8, 2007 3:31:01 PM

Under no circumstances should you order from TigerDirect.ca. Their customer support is beneath contempt, they may fraudulently charge your credit card for extra charges weeks after shipping your products (as they did me, cleared up by filing a dispute with Visa), and they refuse to stop mailing you when you request it (all the while lying to you, telling you they have).

On top of which, tigerdirect.ca don't have that great a selection and virtually never have good prices, particularly when you take into account their excessive shipping charges.
March 8, 2007 3:35:40 PM

Im getting that Extreme and I noticed something, Price difference! lool

Tigerdirect.ca:
Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700 2.66GHz

Price:
$1409.99

Directcanada:

Price:
$1,178.99

thats a pretty big difference in saving money x_X
March 8, 2007 3:36:40 PM

Quote:
I only buy local and it is cheaper. But it depends on if you got a good one close.

Agreed - online shopping is usually NOT cheaper. Sure, you'll get occasional deals but brick and mortar shops are less expensive, in my experience. Parts are often priced about the same - it's the shipping that's a killer.

One thing to consider - if you have a problem with a machine that was purchased online, you'll probably have to pay $50-$75 to ship it to the vendor for repair. Do that just once or twice and your "savings' are gone.

Check out some of the free computer magazines that are offered in your area (supermarkets, book stores etc) for local supplies who advertise their component prices. You can do some comparison shopping simply by flipping a few pages.
March 8, 2007 3:48:43 PM

If you are asking about online retailers, I have personally bought from cdw.ca, frontierpc.com and ramstore.ca and I can give you my take on them if you like.

With all three, I received my orders in good order and without much hassle.

cdw.ca is sometimes a bit more expensive but they have a pretty wide selection. Of the three, I was most impressed with cdw's customer service. I placed my order and a representative actually called me within 15 minutes to confirm and make sure everything was good. If nothing else, this made me feel like my business with them was valued. My last order from them arrived in two days with express shipping, which made me quite happy since I needed it quick - fast shipping was a bit costly with them though.

frontierpc.com also has a lot of stuff on their website. Sadly, since my last order with them they seem to have removed some of the enthusiast type gear they used to carry. I would have bought from them again but they didn't have any of the stuff I was looking for. That being said, when I ordered from them I was wary but I received my order fairly promptly (1 week, BC to Manitoba) and everything was on the level in the end. Personally, I do not find their website very user friendly for shopping.

ramstore.ca was a place I just recently bought from. I was looking for a Thermaltake Toughpower 850 and there were only a few places to get one from in Canada. Of those, ramstore was rated higher by shoppers in PriceCanda than the others. The prices were competetive on what I was looking for and being in Alberta you save a bit because you don't pay any PST. For certain items I've looked at, they have very good pricing actually - I ordered my Striker Extreme locally and paid over $500 (expected), I later noticed on ramstore.ca the board is listed at only $410. Unfortunately, they do not have a terribly wide selection. Anyways, my order arrived in 2 or 3 days and express shipping only cost me $5 more.

I typically order from a local place or from another place here in the province but occassionally have to go elsewhere for something specific. I think, if you want a whole system and don't want to "do it yourself" you'd be better off buying local. Still, these are my experience with a few canadian online retailers, hope it helps.

-dolynick
March 8, 2007 3:54:57 PM

Buy everything from NCIX they are the best for prices, and they usually have everything you need, even the latest and newest in hardware. I was looking at the 8800GTX video card with AC3 cooling and they had it before anyone else in Canada.

I live in Ontario too and the shipping does not cost that much from them. Also because they are in BC the taxes are a lot less than if you buy from a place in Ontario. When i bought my headphones (Sennheiser) i went through them and with shipping and taxes i was $50 cheaper than if i walked into a local store to get them.

I spent close to $5000 CDN at NCIX so far and i highly recommend them. I had to RMA stuff with them and i was very satisfied at the end. They are easy to deal with and they are very reasonable.

I got my 8800GTX from them. I ordered it on a Thursday morning, i had the card in my hands on Friday afternoon. What else can i say?
March 8, 2007 3:58:51 PM

Everything I am gonna buy is right here:

Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700 Quad Core

EVGA Nforce 680I SLI LGA775

XFX GeForce 8800 GTX 575MHZ 768MB

Corsair XMS2 Dominator TWIN2X2048-6400C4D 2GB 2X1GB PC6400 DDR2-800

Thermaltake VA8000 Armor Super Tower Case Black

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB SATA2 3GB/S 7200RPM 16MB Cache

OCZ GameXStream 850W ATX12V 24PIN SLI Ready Active PFC ATX Power Supply 120MM Fans

Liteon 48X24X48 CDRW& 16X DVD Combo Drive Beige W/SW Retail Box

Zalman VF900-CU LED Copper Dual Heatpipe 1350-2400RPM 18.5-25.0DBA VGA Cooler W/ Blue LED

Gonna use my Sound card from this CPU :) 
March 8, 2007 3:59:49 PM

Ya, if I didn't have Memory Express as a local I would do my buying at NCIX too. They do have the best selection I know of in Canada.
March 8, 2007 4:01:21 PM

since your close to hamilton you could give canadacomputers.com a try
they show online stock (they have a storefront) and will build the machine for you... they also have very good prices!
March 8, 2007 4:01:25 PM

Seems that NCIX costs over $100 more for the CPU then it does from Directcanada
March 8, 2007 4:02:25 PM

Looks great but 2 things, don't get a combo drive and how much you going to spend on that power supply?
March 8, 2007 4:05:41 PM

another vote for ncix. they are awesome, and in regards to being more expensive they will price match most stuff. on top of that if you live out of province they can't charge you pst your supposed to report it your provincal government.
March 8, 2007 4:09:58 PM

Why not get a Combo Drive? Price of the 850 was $168.85CAD at DirectCanada.

Final Price of Canada Computers: $3,572.60

Final Price of DirectCanada: $3,311.29

But I might just think about going to Canada Computers if their in Hamilton tho. Their Video Cards are pretty cheap but some are pick up only and can't order it online, wonder why that is x_X
March 8, 2007 4:14:59 PM

Because DVDRW are about the same price.
March 8, 2007 4:15:50 PM

So i'll be able to Install/Play games that are CD and use the DVD also?
March 8, 2007 4:17:51 PM

Quote:
Seems that NCIX costs over $100 more for the CPU then it does from Directcanada

FYI - NCIX does price matching. :) 
March 8, 2007 4:19:10 PM

A DVD burner burns CD's and plays CD's also.
March 8, 2007 4:57:16 PM

Like mentioned by a few others, NCIX is great. Great service, prices, quick shipping, everything. I bought a full custom computer (no assembly) last Sept from them, it arrived a few days quicker then their estimate. After playing with it for a while, it looked like the DVD burner was faulty and they cross-shipped a replacement for me no questions asked (they actually let me get the next model up which had suddenly go on sale too). Ive made another small purchase or two from them as well since, and its always quite pleasurable. Shipping does get expensive sometimes, but as someone else mentioned you dont need to pay PST so I found that basically covered my shipping ($1900 order x 7% = $133, while the shipping was around $100). NCIX does price match too so thats always helpful for deals.

Second on my list is Canada Computers (again mentioned by one of the posters). You have to pay PST since you are in Ontario, but their shipping is dirt cheap (I think they have flat rate $5 right now?), plus there is 7 or 8 stores around the Toronto area so you might be able to take advantage of that too. I purchased the video card for the system above from Canada Computers because they had a wicked deal, and I also purchased one of my monitors there a while back. When purchasing the monitor, a small glitch in their online ordering system lead to me actually ordering three of the darn things, but once we figured it out it wasnt so hard to correct. In the end the product got to me in about 36 hours from order, ironically before the confirmation of shipment. That was a plus.

Both of these guys are quite good, NCIX I found had better prices and service usually but if you can go straight to a CC store nearby then that might be better for you.
March 8, 2007 5:11:52 PM

Great build, by the way!

Just to add my .02$, I already bought stuff from DirectCanada, and everything went fine. Their prices are great. Better than the competition. Everything was well packaged and in perfect condition.

I really recommend them.
March 10, 2007 6:32:08 PM

NCIX is great they seem to have the largest selection. Besides that depending on where you live Canada Computers is also very good. Theres also Infonec.com which I find very good as well.
March 10, 2007 7:37:45 PM

I've used NCIX, Direct Canada, and Canada Computers. Generally speak, Direct Canada has the best prices in Canuckland, except for RAM which is usually Canada Computers.

DC has free Purolator on orders over $300, plus you won't pay PST since they're based in B.C. Those 2 things alone can save you $60 on a system, not to mention their cheaper prices. You could save almost $100 this way.

Service is good, fast delivery, haven't had a problemw with them at all.
March 10, 2007 8:54:49 PM

Well I've bought from almost all the online companys on these lists and would say ncix is the best IMO. They price match and the shipping is good and the prices are always great.
Who ever said that local shops will get better prices is on crack or doesn't know where to look!
March 10, 2007 9:09:32 PM

I've been looking at buying a new system and kind of made it my hobby to track prices at various re- and e-tailers, so I will share my wisdom with you :) 

Under NO cicumstances buy from Tigerdirect.ca, they have the most abysmal customer service and their prices are generally 20% higher than elsewhere.

Other small etailers and retailers will generally charge you 10-20% more than the two best options below, except for canadacomputers.com, which has decent regular prices on certain items (such as motherboards, cpus, and HDDs, but NOT RAM or video cards).

Since you would be paying PST in Ontario though, your best options are NCIX and directcanada.com. Actually, they are they same place, directcanda is the warehouse outlet for NCIX, many people don't know this.

Here's how to do it:

Don't buy anything at regular price at NCIX. Wait until Wednesday evenings when they have their weekly sale, and check out the sale items for anything that interests you.

Now, NCIX has very decent customre service through their ticket system. Simply send them a ticket with your problem, and you will be replied to very quickly and with useful information (in my experience and that of many others). Much better than in-store or on-the-phone service.

NCIX also does price-matching, and this comes in handy because directcanada.com generalyl has the lowest prices available (for just about all items bar certain specific products, but very few).

So if you need your system pre-built, wait for teh Wed. sale at NCIX, and price-match any items that don't seem low enough from directcanada.com. You save the PST (AT $3000, that's $210!!) and can have the system pre-assembled.

If you can build it yourself, though, try and order from directcanada.com, as they have free shipping for orders over $300. Not only do you save the PST but you also get shipped for free and get the lowest prices!

A third option is to ask on the NCIX forums for someone to donate some points to you - these will allow you to "buy" free shipping for your order. Then, when you receive your products, write quick (takes like 30s) review of them on the NCIX website, which gives you 50 points per purchased product review, and pay back the guy that donated you the free shipping. Easy.

I hope this helps. I am absolutely sure you won't find a cheaper, more economical and hassle-free way to buy parts anywhere in Canada. Most places will rip you off on prices like you won't believe unless you know in details how much your parts should cost.

cheers :) 
March 10, 2007 10:15:31 PM

I owned a computer chop in Canada and I sold all the best high end gaming stuff. Iknow every wholesaler and internet shop in Candada.

For info and prices, the best webpage is www.tigerdirect.ca
They have a great of searching and finding products. They also have good deals on their homepage sometimes.

The best prices I've seen in Canada are from www.directcanada.com

www.vibecomputers.com is a store in Vancouver. Prices very similar to tigerdirect and they build the system for you. They have a system builder...you choose the parts online and htey build it for you. $50 or something to build it. They'll ship it Purolator to you. I've dealt with them and the service is great. Do not hesitate to call them. I've ordered stuff from them in the past.

I know of all the shops including NCIX, Robotnik if your a maritimer, Microbytes, etc...

You might want to consider assembling it yourself. Then you run the risk of a DOA (dead on arrival) component and have to ship it back. At least if they build it you know it works. Choose an aftermarket heatsink, have them use some good compound like artic silver 5. Call vibecomputers and they'll do that for you. Buy the CPU retail, have them send the original OEM heatsink to you and keep it as a spare. That way you can sell it with the CPU in the future and keep your high end heatsink. You also get 3 year warranty on a retail CPU. Have them send you the box for the motherboard and books, and also the box for your harddrive. You want those to ship them bakc if you need warranty. The hard drive should come in a plastic case, and maybe a foamed cardboard box.

If you need help msg here and I can give you my contact info to hook up. I know the Canadian market so I can help.
March 11, 2007 3:13:28 AM

Quote:
Im getting that Extreme and I noticed something, Price difference! lool

Tigerdirect.ca:

Price:
$1409.99

Directcanada:

Price:
$1,178.99

thats a pretty big difference in saving money x_X

Agreed! Tigerdirect.ca service are a horrid and there price ain't so good either. There employees aren't that good either (but whos isn't)
Anonymous
March 11, 2007 3:54:03 AM

dude if you were near me. i would have built your system for free. if you had bought parts online. considering 3000K Dollar system.
March 11, 2007 4:32:45 AM

Just my 2 cents: NCIS would cost you about $75 for shipping and another $75 for basic insurance of the shipment. You save about $240 in PST on a $3000 purchase. In total, all other things being equal, you're a bit better off with NCIX than a local shop.

I tried a configuration very much like yours on a few sites in Ottawa (links below) and it turned out that 2 of them were slightly better than NCIX but the rest weren't. It's not really relevant because they were all between $3400 and $3600 anyway. You might get better prices at your local shop than me because these companies tend to have warehouses in Toronto.

Assembly is $30 at a company (Everbest) and $50 at another (Network Supply) while others say it's free but they offer it only if you buy the more expensive components from them.

Here are some links from my area:
http://www.orleanscomputers.com/shop/Default.asp
http://www.networksupply.ca/
http://www.shoprbc.com/ca/shop/configurator.php?cgid=6
http://www.everbest.on.ca/ver2/used_products.php
http://www.pccyber.com/scrOnlineQuote.asp
http://www.sprintcomputer.com/systems/custom.php
March 11, 2007 4:42:23 AM

I don't think you really need 850W. Save some cash and go with 650W, unless you're thinking of adding a second 8800 GTX later.

That combo drive is best avoided. Get an LG DVD-RW drive, it does everything that combo does, plus writing DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, DVD-RAM. It's $40 or so.

I think I'd go for Antec P180B, I hear it's quieter than most.

The 500 GB hard disks, for example Western Digital WD5000KS, seem pretty cheap these days. I wouldn't go for the 320 GB. Of course, 320 GB may be plenty for you, what do I know...

Apart from that, nice build!

Edit: I hear that Intel will drop the QX6700 price from US$999 to US$530 on April 22. Does anybody have any idea if that's true and how long it takes for shops to reflect the change in their prices?
March 11, 2007 12:48:09 PM

As mentioned here directcomputer.com i the cheapest.

I would swap that liteon for a Pioneer, NEC, or Plextor DVD-RW. ALso swap the case for something else. Antec P180 or 900 maybe?

I wouldn't get the Zalman video cooler. Perhaps a Zalman CPU cooler would work, but at $3000 I'd get a watercooler system. DO both CPU and Video with it. Also Ram and Chipset if you want.

320GB is not enough. I'd go at least 400gb. I'd also get 2 hard drives for raid, or a backup cause 1 is going to crash.

Other than that nice build. I'd go Abit over EVGA but that's jsut my preference. I'd cheap out on the CPU a bit and put the extra cash into better DVD-RW, water cooler, larger harddrive, 22" LCD, etc.... The extra CPU is only over $1000 and you won't notice that much difference. Save the money for toys, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc... Down the road you can upgrade to a quad core for cheap.
March 11, 2007 2:56:49 PM

Alright ty for you replys.

I will change the Lite-on to the DVD RW one. As for the Zalman cooler, i actually DID mean CPU coooler sorry about this, this one right here: http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=ShowProduct...

As for the Harddrive, what do you mean its gonna crash. You mean its gonna crash if I only have one? And I don't understand the whole thing about that RAID thing either hehe.

I already have a Free G-15 keyboard with a 22' gaming LCD with a Razer Mouse and surround sound speakers. My main thing is just a New Computer. Unfortunelly, my Credit Card's MAX is only $1600 [But I could always have my parents use theirs] where i'll have Much over $3000 in my bank. If that guys right about the QX6700 droping down a good amount then I'll probably wait till then just to save and buy even better stuff but I'll still take your advice :) 

So do you think I would save more if I used NCIS and have them Prebuild it on a Wed and using their Price Matcher rather then go to CanadaComputers Store in Hamilton and buying it from them? Right now to me its NCIS Vs CanadaComputers lol rather then go to my local computer store and have them do it.
March 11, 2007 3:07:18 PM

Totally drop the quad core. Get a C2D 6600. Seriously, save yourself the money. You can always get a quad later if you want after prices drop alot.

Hard drive won't crash if you have one. Problem is, if it does crash (I've had 3 fry on me) then you lose EVERYTHING. Spending an extra $100 on a backup drive is a very wise investment of your money. That way if your drive crashes, at least your data is backed up....which is irreplaceable. Or if you really want, install the OS, programs, data, drivers, blah, blah....then just CLONE your hard drive to a backup drive with Norton Ghost (or other similar program) and then you have an exact duplicate drive. Just backup your data from there. If your one hard drive takes a dump, you just boot from the 2nd one and you're laughing.
March 11, 2007 3:45:08 PM

The Cheapest place for computer parts I find is http://www.pccanada.com/ I have built my last five computers there and I always find they have the best prices for around the GTA area.. Check em out let me know what you think

Regards

Dave
March 11, 2007 6:58:28 PM

I checked them out. Yeah, if you can pick up the computer in Etobicoke you save about $200 compared to the same configuration in Ottawa. Nice prices at pccanada indeed, too bad they won't ship.
March 11, 2007 7:21:15 PM

I'm not sure how PC Canada is the cheapest.......let's look at one example:

PC Canada - XFX 8800GTX - $744.99
http://www.pccanada.com/viewitem.asp?id=5538

Direct Canda - XFX 8800GTX - $667.46
http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=15180BD1502&v...

Now, when you factor in PST that you don't have to pay from Direct Canada, you're saving $141.78 on JUST ONE ITEM. Now, I know it's an 8800GTX, but that's just an example. Factor in the price of a whole system and I don't see how PC Canada is cheaper at all.

I'm not flaming here, I'm just pointing out the facts from their own website so you can make an informed decision.
March 12, 2007 4:54:28 PM

Oooo nm I get it. I think I might get 2 HD's and do the RAID-0 thing.
March 12, 2007 6:05:53 PM

Quote:
I'm not sure how PC Canada is the cheapest.......let's look at one example:

PC Canada - XFX 8800GTX - $744.99
http://www.pccanada.com/viewitem.asp?id=5538

Direct Canada - XFX 8800GTX - $667.46
http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=15180BD1502&v...

Now, when you factor in PST that you don't have to pay from Direct Canada, you're saving $141.78 on JUST ONE ITEM. Now, I know it's an 8800GTX, but that's just an example. Factor in the price of a whole system and I don't see how PC Canada is cheaper at all.

I'm not flaming here, I'm just pointing out the facts from their own website so you can make an informed decision.

True, and I appreciate it. You may have just saved a few of us here some serious cash. I guess you're entitled to flame a bit if you want. :lol:  Thanks!

Do these guys assemble PCs and ship them, for those of us who don't know what a wrist strap is for?
March 12, 2007 6:53:31 PM

Quote:
You should generally expect to pay a bit for assembly. I've been building computers for twenty years, at times professionally, and I would happily pay someone a reasonable amount to assemble the system for me.

I build them for a living professionally and as a hobby. I will never ever let anyone touch my computer. I will build it myself from empty case to fully operational system. Nobody but me is monkeying under the hood of my computer.
March 12, 2007 6:58:06 PM

I'm almost positive Direct Canada does NOT assemble systems. If NCIX does, however, you could always try to get them to price-match DC and then get NCIX to assemble.

I've never had anyone assemble for me, so I'm not positive. If you're not confident enough to assemble yourself, do you have a friend that can help?

You could always go to a small, local shop and offer them $100 cash to do it for you. Should only take them a couple of hours, not including OS installation, drivers and programs.
March 13, 2007 1:18:33 AM

Use shotbot.ca, it's an awesome price search engine. But the best place is definetely directcanada (http://www.directcanada.com). Anitec.ca is also pretty good, ntcw.com has some stuff that is usually very hard to find, especially cooling items. Hltechnology is a pretty good place too, they have lots of small accessories that you dont find anywhere else.

Ncix and tigerdirect are much more expensive than most other online store in the BC, but ncix has a pricematch policy, but if you use it, get ready for at least a week delay just for approving the pricematch. Tigerdirect has some good deals, but it's always mail in rebates and they focus on the cheapest possible parts and end up having lots of junk.

Local stores might be good in your area, I dont know, but here in Quebec, it's much cheaper to order from the BC than buying local. Plus here, if you get just a little picky about what you want, they dont have stock and usually order it and you have it like 2 weeks later when ordering from BC is only 1 week.

Good luck and make sure you dont do like me, ordering a black case with a white DVD Writer by mistake :( 
March 15, 2007 8:33:37 AM

I messed up. I said Vibecomputers in Vancouver was a good shop. What I meant to say is anitec.ca is the good spot.

Vibecomputers used to be an awesome shop but they changed a lot and are no longer what they used to be. Anitec.ca is the place I recommend for assembling. Prices are not half bad.
March 15, 2007 9:08:11 AM

I buy all my parts from a local place called DTI COMPUTERS,and I've had the odd issue with gettings stuff from them,but for the most part,everything I've wanted or needed has been made available for me.Try a local staore with three or four outlets that's been around for awhile,you might be surprised.Goodluck.

Dahak

AMD X2-4400+@2.6 S-939
EVGA NF4 SLI MB
2X EVGA 7950GT KO IN SLI
4X 512MB CRUCIAL BALLISTIX DDR500
WD300GIG HD
ACER 22IN WIDESCREEN LCD 1600X1200
THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER 850WATT PSU
COOLERMASTER MINI R120
3DMARK05 13,471

P.S.One reasom smaller stores have a hard time getting the parts you want is because the big chain stores like future shop,have everything bought up so the suppliers are always running out of product.
March 15, 2007 4:08:09 PM

Another vote for NCIX here... ordered all my components for my recent system from them - no complaints. Ordered Monday, had my parts Tuesday (I live on the east coast too, Purolator is great). Very good service to back it up. Their prices are good, but like any store you can always find stuff for less if you shop around. That being said, they are very competitive and my favorite shop to deal with.

DirectCanada seems to have good pricing too, but I have never ordered from them so I can't vouch for their service.
!