Steelix.....

Last response: in Video Games
November 8, 2004 7:43:48 AM

Steelix has strong defence, it has the higest defence in the games!
Yeah, that's really strong pokémon! But I have few questions about
this Iron Snake:
1. Why didn't Nintendo have Steelix in R/S/E?
2. Will/have Steelix made/make another anime apearence than the Torkoal
episode?
3. Why didn't Brock evolve his Onix before sending it to his brother?
4. Has Steelix been in a contest episode yet?
5. Give me good movest for Steelix, the best one, thank you!
6. Who has better speed, Steelix or Golem?

Well, these I have to know answers of! Please would you tell me guys? I
want to know more about Steelix! Thank you!

More about : steelix

Anonymous
November 8, 2004 11:58:54 AM

On 8 Nov 2004, The Blaziken Master wrote:
> Steelix has strong defence, it has the higest defence in the games!
> Yeah, that's really strong pokémon! But I have few questions about
> this Iron Snake:
> 1. Why didn't Nintendo have Steelix in R/S/E?

*shrug* There were a lot of 'mons not in R/S/E. It's in FR/LG, though.

> 2. Will/have Steelix made/make another anime apearence than the Torkoal
> episode?

Don't/can't watch the anime. (no cable).

> 3. Why didn't Brock evolve his Onix before sending it to his brother?

Because the heroes are complete and utter idiots when it comes to raising
Pokemon. :)  Oh, and he probably didn't have a Metal Coat that his Onix could
hold...

> 4. Has Steelix been in a contest episode yet?

*shrug*

> 5. Give me good movest for Steelix, the best one, thank you!

That's a toughie. Iron Tail (L45/TM), Dig (TM; just for the sake of
having a STAB move that's accurate), Rock Slide (breeding move from Golem's
line, Sudowoodo and maybe something from R/S) and Double-Edge. Unlike in
Crystal, he can't learn Earthquake (not that any sane person'd waste the TM
on a Steelix - it's got an awesome Defense, but that doesn't matter since
it's got a mediocre Special Defense & HP, so Fire or Water'll take it out
with no problem. Also not particularly strong...).

> 6. Who has better speed, Steelix or Golem?

Steelix's base speed is 2/3rds that of Golem.

November 8, 2004 10:47:57 PM

For once steel questions are asked, and someone beats me to it...

>>3. Why didn't Brock evolve his Onix before sending it to his brother?
>
> Because the heroes are complete and utter idiots when it comes to raising
> Pokemon. :)  Oh, and he probably didn't have a Metal Coat that his Onix could
> hold...

I'm not quite sure when Brock gave it to his brother, but it wasn't
around till Gold and Silver, so it can't appear in the cartoon before that.

November 9, 2004 1:12:48 PM

I think Steven should have Steelix, who agree with me? Who disagrees?
Anonymous
November 9, 2004 9:14:38 PM

"The Blaziken Master" <bjacolgruntz@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<1100023968.264213.159760@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>...
> I think Steven should have Steelix, who agree with me? Who disagrees?

Considering he doesn't have one in the games? Don't count on it.
Anonymous
November 13, 2004 5:42:45 PM

William Rendfeld wrote:

> "The Blaziken Master" <bjacolgruntz@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<1100023968.264213.159760@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>...
>
>>I think Steven should have Steelix, who agree with me? Who disagrees?
>

> Considering he doesn't have one in the games? Don't count on it.

Giovanni has a Persian in the show, but not in Red or Blue, so it's not
like it would be unprecidented.

--

Chet "Tech" Weaver

AIM: PanGatomon
MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
ICQ: 122744531

My Adventure Quest character:

November 13, 2004 5:51:43 PM

Yeah, but none of the elite fours had have a pokémon not in the games,
except the pre-evolution of the pokémon they have in the Elite 4 in
the games (Steven has Aron for example)
Anonymous
November 13, 2004 5:51:44 PM

The Blaziken Master wrote:

> Yeah, but none of the elite fours had have a pokémon not in the games,
> except the pre-evolution of the pokémon they have in the Elite 4 in
> the games (Steven has Aron for example)

Well, if he already has one Steel type then I see no reason to give him
another.

--

Chet "Tech" Weaver

AIM: PanGatomon
MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
ICQ: 122744531

My Adventure Quest character:

November 13, 2004 5:56:36 PM

A Level 100 Steelix would stay long! I know Shuckle has more Denfense
than Steelix, but I don't think I can win a trainer in Emerald with a
Steelix in one of the battle houses! Steelix's Defense is so high! :=(
Anonymous
November 14, 2004 3:45:46 AM

On 13 Nov 2004, The Blaziken Master wrote:
> A Level 100 Steelix would stay long! I know Shuckle has more Denfense
> than Steelix, but I don't think I can win a trainer in Emerald with a
> Steelix in one of the battle houses! Steelix's Defense is so high! :=(

If a Steelix worries you so much, despite constant assurances that it's
actually quite wimpy despite the high Defense score, why bother playing?

Steelix's Hit Points are strictly average and its Special Defense is just
barely passable by most standards, making it a fairly easy kill to a Fire or
Water (both of which are commonly seen) attack from a 'mon of the same
level. Its Attack is also average, so it doesn't get nearly as much milage
out of an Earthquake as, say, Golem does (though Golem gets hurt more [x4
damage instead of x2] by the attacks that prey on his low Special Defense
[Water & Grass] than Steelix does - but Golem's got a lot more Attack and HP
to make up for it).

November 14, 2004 12:10:58 PM

Well, maybe you're right! I would easily beat Steelix with my Blaziken,
all it needs is to do few Blaze Kicks and Steelix would be out in no
time! Or wouldn't it? Tell me guys, wouldn't few Blaze Kicks beat
Steelix?
Anonymous
November 15, 2004 5:34:48 AM

I'm duel-type! Both Fighting and Fire Pokémon, but my Blaziken in the
games would beat Steelix, it's both weak of Fighting and Fire, so beat
it would be piece of cake!
Anonymous
November 15, 2004 11:16:32 AM

> Well, maybe you're right! I would easily beat Steelix with my Blaziken,
> all it needs is to do few Blaze Kicks and Steelix would be out in no
> time! Or wouldn't it? Tell me guys, wouldn't few Blaze Kicks beat
> Steelix?

Well technically, my Steelix would have used earthquake, so...

What would you guys say is better, a Steelix (2x weak to ground) or an
Aggron with the average stat slightly higher but is four times weak
against ground? When in link games i'm constantly coming up against
Groudons.

November 15, 2004 11:16:33 AM

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004, luneric wrote:
> > Well, maybe you're right! I would easily beat Steelix with my Blaziken,
> > all it needs is to do few Blaze Kicks and Steelix would be out in no
> > time! Or wouldn't it? Tell me guys, wouldn't few Blaze Kicks beat
> > Steelix?
>
> Well technically, my Steelix would have used earthquake, so...

Assuming it survived the Flamethrower, Fire Blast or Overheat that the
Blaziken would've got off first - Blaziken's almost 3 times as fast as
Steelix, after all.

> What would you guys say is better, a Steelix (2x weak to ground) or an
> Aggron with the average stat slightly higher but is four times weak
> against ground? When in link games i'm constantly coming up against
> Groudons.

Aggron's double-weakness to both Fighting and Ground make him almost
unusable when combined with a mediocre move set (Iron Tail, Double-Edge [if
it has the Rock Head ability] or Return, Brick Break and Rock Tomb is the
best I could come up with). I'd grudgingly choose Steelix, if I had to make
the choice. [though I'd ignore both of them in favor of a Golem]

November 15, 2004 1:24:55 PM

Well, it wouldn't be easy to beat a Porygon2 either, it has move called
Conversion2 which transaltes it to the opposite type.........Oops, this
topic is for Steelix talk! Oh well! Anyway, Steelix will be in my team!
Anonymous
November 15, 2004 1:27:24 PM

The Blaziken Master wrote:
> Well, it wouldn't be easy to beat a Porygon2 either, it has move
called
> Conversion2 which transaltes it to the opposite type.........Oops,
this
> topic is for Steelix talk! Oh well! Anyway, Steelix will be in my
team!
Anonymous
November 15, 2004 2:26:45 PM

Onix evolve into Steelix by trading and holding Metal Coat!
Eh......Let's talk abou Steelix, ok?
Anonymous
November 15, 2004 6:10:08 PM

On 15 Nov 2004, The Blaziken Master wrote:
> Well, it wouldn't be easy to beat a Porygon2 either, it has move called
> Conversion2 which transaltes it to the opposite type.........Oops, this
> topic is for Steelix talk! Oh well! Anyway, Steelix will be in my team!

People tend to fight Porygon2 the same way they fight a Kecleon:
alternating attacks. I smack you with Earthquake, for example, you
Conversion2 (assuming you survived the first round, of course), I smack you
with an Ice Beam. Porygon2 goes *splut*. :p
Basically, while Conversion2 has to be taken into consideration when
fighting a Porygon2, it's rarely anything to worry about - most move sets
tend to have moves that attempt to cover as many different resistances as
possible: the classic Thunderbolt/Ice Beam combo, for example, is great
because *nothing* resists both Ice and Electricity. (and nothing will until
they come up with an Electric/Ice, Electric/Fire or Electric/Steel 'mon)
The combination's only super-effective against Dragon, Flying, Grass,
Ground and Water, however, with the rest of the types taking normal,
unresisted damage. Still, super-effectiveness isn't everything, and since
nothing resists...
[substitute Thunderpunch & Ice Punch, of course, where you have to -
Alakazam can't learn the 'bolt & Beam, but with its Speed & Special Attack,
it'll Punch just about anything's lights out, and pretty much only fears
ultra-fast things with Dark or Ghost moves (such as a Sceptile with Crunch)]

November 15, 2004 8:27:50 PM

> I'm duel-type! Both Fighting and Fire Pokémon, but my Blaziken in the
> games would beat Steelix, it's both weak of Fighting and Fire, so beat
> it would be piece of cake!

I didn't say i'd be able to beat it, just do a decent bit of damage.

November 15, 2004 8:40:54 PM

> Aggron's double-weakness to both Fighting and Ground make him almost
> unusable when combined with a mediocre move set (Iron Tail, Double-Edge [if
> it has the Rock Head ability] or Return, Brick Break and Rock Tomb is the
> best I could come up with). I'd grudgingly choose Steelix, if I had to make
> the choice. [though I'd ignore both of them in favor of a Golem]

I'd go with Double Edge, Protect, Iron Tail and Earthquake or Rock Slide.

Aggrons average base stat is 80.833333333, compared to Golems
71.666666667 and
although Aggron is double weak against two types, Golem is against at
least one,
maybe more.

November 20, 2004 11:18:37 AM

Joseph William Dixon wrote:

> Basically, while Conversion2 has to be taken into consideration when
> fighting a Porygon2, it's rarely anything to worry about - most move sets
> tend to have moves that attempt to cover as many different resistances as
> possible: the classic Thunderbolt/Ice Beam combo, for example, is great
> because *nothing* resists both Ice and Electricity.

Magnemite and Magneton (Electric/Steel) resist both.

-- White Cat
http://pokedex.kary.ca/
Anonymous
November 20, 2004 11:18:38 AM

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004, White Cat wrote:
> Magnemite and Magneton (Electric/Steel) resist both.

Bleh. You're right. My bad. The chart I referred to lists Steel as not
resistant to Ice attacks, for some reason (probably sloppiness on my part
since I reformatted it from another chart...). I *knew* there was a reason
why my Alakazams in Crystal had Fire Punch (in addition to Ice Punch,
Thunderpunch and Psychic). :)

November 21, 2004 9:43:16 AM

Joseph William Dixon <aa343@chebucto.ns.ca> wrote in message news:<Pine.GSO.3.95.iB1.0.1041120055355.12523B-100000@halifax.chebucto.ns.ca>...
> On Sat, 20 Nov 2004, White Cat wrote:
> > Magnemite and Magneton (Electric/Steel) resist both.
>
> Bleh. You're right. My bad. The chart I referred to lists Steel as not
> resistant to Ice attacks, for some reason (probably sloppiness on my part
> since I reformatted it from another chart...). I *knew* there was a reason
> why my Alakazams in Crystal had Fire Punch (in addition to Ice Punch,
> Thunderpunch and Psychic). :)

Actually, you apparently thought of Electric/Steel--you mentioned it
in your post. I guess you just forgot Magneton was those types.
Understandable, really, since it doesn't actually learn any Steel
moves (well, Metal Sound, but that doesn't really count) and is
generally thought of as just "an electric-type".

-Andrusi &&
Sanity not included.
!