question about child and parent domains

Hello All,
I am having an issue with a child domain controller (CD). It seems that the
CD cannot logon clients with accounts that exist on the Parent Domain (PD).
Is this because only Enterprise Admins accounts are capable of this? Also,
Does AD replication occur between PD and CD. If so, under AD user and
computer I am not receiving updated objects from PD. Although PD does appear
under AD Users and Computers, I am unable to create a group on the CD and
add user accts from PD, although some not all accounts are seen. The PD
admin insures me that he has delegated control of the OU. What exact
permissions should be used. It is obvious that The CD Admin has read rights
to the OU objects.
Moreover,Is the CD capable of authenticating users that are part of the PD?
Or does a Domain local group need to be created on the CD, with the user
accounts of PD added?
TIA,
Altria

TRENDING THREADS