Windows2003 memory issue

hi

i have running server 2003 enterprise edition on my box.
i currently have 4GB of RAM on the machine but windows only recogzises 3GB
of it. I have read about this i the past but i can't seem to remember how
to fix it. Does anyone know how to make windows see all 4GB

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about windows2003 memory issue

    "Gonzox77" <Lginet@sbcglobal.net> wrote in

    > hi
    >
    > i have running server 2003 enterprise edition on my box.
    > i currently have 4GB of RAM on the machine but windows only recogzises
    > 3GB of it. I have read about this i the past but i can't seem to
    > remember how to fix it. Does anyone know how to make windows see all
    > 4GB
    >
    > Thanks

    This is occuring because you have some expansion cards that are mapping
    virtual memory addresses for their cache. Many SCSI RAID cards do this.
    These addresses then can't be used for the RAM in the system. What you
    need to do is add /PAE to you boot.ini Windows load line. This will
    allow virtual memory addresses above 4 gig and Windows should be able to
    use all of the RAM.

    Leonard Severt
    Microsoft Enterprise Support

    rights.

Windows Server 2003 Microsoft Memory Windows