Windows2003 memory issue

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
a b } Memory
April 19, 2005 9:00:00 PM

hi

i have running server 2003 enterprise edition on my box.
i currently have 4GB of RAM on the machine but windows only recogzises 3GB
of it. I have read about this i the past but i can't seem to remember how
to fix it. Does anyone know how to make windows see all 4GB

Thanks
Anonymous
a b } Memory
April 20, 2005 3:20:49 PM

"Gonzox77" <Lginet@sbcglobal.net> wrote in

> hi
>
> i have running server 2003 enterprise edition on my box.
> i currently have 4GB of RAM on the machine but windows only recogzises
> 3GB of it. I have read about this i the past but i can't seem to
> remember how to fix it. Does anyone know how to make windows see all
> 4GB
>
> Thanks

This is occuring because you have some expansion cards that are mapping
virtual memory addresses for their cache. Many SCSI RAID cards do this.
These addresses then can't be used for the RAM in the system. What you
need to do is add /PAE to you boot.ini Windows load line. This will
allow virtual memory addresses above 4 gig and Windows should be able to
use all of the RAM.

Leonard Severt
Microsoft Enterprise Support

rights.