0x0000007B stop

Hope somebody can help.

My computer failed and I moved my old hard disk on to my new computer. The
OS is Windows 2000 Pro and now I get a 0x0000007B stop error. I have loaded
W2000 fresh on to the disk into a new folder and that works fine, but I
would really like to get my old setup running again as it has taken a lot of
time getting it sorted. I have looked on the MS Kbase but not found anything
I haven't tried already (boot.ini etc). There must be a way!

Any guidance much appreciated.

Colin

Colin Jack wrote:
> Hope somebody can help.
>
> My computer failed and I moved my old hard disk on to my new computer. The
> OS is Windows 2000 Pro and now I get a 0x0000007B stop error. I have loaded
> W2000 fresh on to the disk into a new folder and that works fine, but I
> would really like to get my old setup running again as it has taken a lot of
> time getting it sorted. I have looked on the MS Kbase but not found anything
> I haven't tried already (boot.ini etc). There must be a way!

Basically the IDE driver on the new computer is a different one to the
old machine.
It is possible to get your old setup working by following the guide
below. (Personally I would work on getting a new setup done instead.)

http://65.24.134.81/KipSolutions/MovingXPNewMotherboard/MovingXP.htm

Ash.

Thanks Ash - I will have a go at that.